• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

Originally posted by gallahad View Post

Error - page not found

We have recently updated our website and the page you have requested may have been moved or archived.
    Please return to our home page to find the information you are looking for or press the 'back' button on your browser to return to the previously viewed page.

grrrrr....I'l try the longer approach!

Comment

Is the loan secured against your house ?

This may be of help from the blemain site.

Q. Does the statement show all of my transactions?
      A. The statement contains all transactions for the stated period which is usually the preceding 12 months. However, if you have requested an interim statement the period may be shorter.

Q. Why has my Closing Balance increased?
      A. The following are the most common reasons why your total balance may have increased:
      Administration Charges - where charges have been made to cover administration costs, these will be added to the total balance outstanding.
      Monthly repayments not received - if the full monthly repayments required are not received it will increase the balance.
      Insurance - if you have not provided evidence of buildings insurance noting our interest then we will have to arrange contingency cover. This means that a premium will be charged in addition to administration costs.

Q. What if interest charges are greater than your monthly instalment?
      A. This can occur if you are or have been in an arrears situation or if fees have been applied to your account. It is important to check your statement. If interest payments are more than your current monthly instalment you will need to increase your monthly instalment to ensure the loan is repaid at the end of the term. Please contact Customer Services for further guidance.

Q. How often will I receive a loan statement?
      A. You will receive a statement annually. It will be sent shortly after the anniversary date of your loan.

Q. Am I charged for the statement?
      A. No, however if you need a duplicate or interim statement then a charge is applicable. Please refer to our Tariff of Charges.

Q. What can I do if I require further clarification of my statement?
      A. You can refer to our interactive guide to the statements and our contact details.

Q. Why have the amounts of fee and charges detailed on my statement changed?
      A. The Tariff of Charges was revised from 1st May 2010. After this date new charges came into effect. Please refer to our Tariff of Charges.

Q. How do I request a copy of the Tariff of Charges?
      A. Copies of the current Tariff of Charges are available to download here. Alternately you can contact our Customer Services Department on 0844 499 0761.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, from what I can gather most people who have been having problems with Blemain have the loans secured against their homes. I for one was not offrered any alternative. The information (such as above) is available on their web-site now but many customers do not seem to have been made aware of this, especially when changes have taken place after the start date of their loan. It seems regulation/non-regulation of loans depends largely on the size of the loan.

Ther also may be a conflict in regulations depending on if the agreement is under FSA or CCA. see link:
        http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/policy/issues/136

(gosh this is all a steep learning curve!!!) :tinysmile_aha_t:
        Lindy

p.s. if any-one else out there belongs to a trade union, your union will most likely offer you free financial advice and legal advice up to quite a considerable sum...it's worth checking!

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Is the loan secured against your house ?

This may be of help from the blemain site.

Q. Does the statement show all of my transactions?
          A. The statement contains all transactions for the stated period which is usually the preceding 12 months. However, if you have requested an interim statement the period may be shorter.

Q. Why has my Closing Balance increased?
          A. The following are the most common reasons why your total balance may have increased:
          Administration Charges - where charges have been made to cover administration costs, these will be added to the total balance outstanding.
          Monthly repayments not received - if the full monthly repayments required are not received it will increase the balance.
          Insurance - if you have not provided evidence of buildings insurance noting our interest then we will have to arrange contingency cover. This means that a premium will be charged in addition to administration costs.

Q. What if interest charges are greater than your monthly instalment?
          A. This can occur if you are or have been in an arrears situation or if fees have been applied to your account. It is important to check your statement. If interest payments are more than your current monthly instalment you will need to increase your monthly instalment to ensure the loan is repaid at the end of the term. Please contact Customer Services for further guidance.

Q. How often will I receive a loan statement?
          A. You will receive a statement annually. It will be sent shortly after the anniversary date of your loan.

Q. Am I charged for the statement?
          A. No, however if you need a duplicate or interim statement then a charge is applicable. Please refer to our Tariff of Charges.

Q. What can I do if I require further clarification of my statement?
          A. You can refer to our interactive guide to the statements and our contact details.

Q. Why have the amounts of fee and charges detailed on my statement changed?
          A. The Tariff of Charges was revised from 1st May 2010. After this date new charges came into effect. Please refer to our Tariff of Charges.

Q. How do I request a copy of the Tariff of Charges?
          A. Copies of the current Tariff of Charges are available to download here. Alternately you can contact our Customer Services Department on 0844 499 0761.
          Blemain only started sending out statements and details of charges at the end of 2008 after changes to the CCA , even then it seems not every-one receives one anually or gets sent the information they need. This is a big bone of contention. :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by lindybee View Post
            Hi Lindy,

I hope you don’t mind me replying on your thread – I’m writing from the customer relations team at Blemain Finance. We just wanted to apologise for some of the problems you’ve been having and to see if we can help to sort them out for you

Read more at: Blemain Finance - Page 4 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Here are some general questions which I'm sure Blemain can answer without any infringements;
            Statements and Agreements:
            Since it’s mandatory under the CCA to send out a minimum of an annual statement, why do you not do this for all your customers?
            Re: the fees stated on the credit agreement, what is the difference between “interest charge” and “total charge for credit”?
            On the statement to what exactly does the figure “Balance of unpaid fees” refer and how can customers find out exactly which fees have been levied, the date levied, and also for what reason the fees were imposed?
            Where changes occur resulting in our monthly payment becoming less than the monthly interest charges, why are we not notified either in advance or immediately this occurs?
            (I have more but wil seperate the topics for ease of reply.)
            Lindy
            Well it looks like whoever set up that Blemain customer relations page (was his name xxxx?) has either gone off sick with RSI from answering the phone, is having a major huff over the editing of the posts, it wasn't genuinely Blemain, or they were never interested in hearing my questions in the first place!
            (To the admin page: is it possible to add a smiley of a flying pig please?? Methinks it would be well used!)
            L

Comment

Originally posted by grimbell View Post
              forgot to say I have asked them for a copy of their complaints procedure over and over but they still have'nt sent it!!!!!
              I don't think they had one then but theres on on the web-site now
              http://www.blemainfinance.co.uk/customerservice/BLF0429%20Complaints%20Handling%20Leaflet_web.pdf
              I don't think customers who've been with them for a number of years know or have been informed about it.

Comment

I am not really sure whether leclerc was suggesting a private forum discussion between Admin and Blemain or a private forum where Blemain could discuss issues with an LB user or whether he was suggesting something else altogether!!!

Either way it doesn't matter because nothing of the sort is necessary nor will it be permitted on this site.

The situation with Blemain, or any other Company ( Vodafone for example ) is quite clear. They are permitted to post on the site, provided they observe the general forum rules. Additionally, and Amethyst's earlier post makes it quite clear, they may not post special telephone numbers, email addresses or special reference numbers which may, if used by the OP, enable that OP to be personally identified should they elect to use those contact mediums.

It's interesting that since being advised neither the Vodafone Rep or Blemain have visited LB or posted which perhaps indicates their true motivation for posting in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                  I am not really sure whether leclerc was suggesting a private forum discussion between Admin and Blemain or a private forum where Blemain could discuss issues with an LB user or whether he was suggesting something else altogether!!!

Either way it doesn't matter because nothing of the sort is necessary nor will it be permitted on this site.

The situation with Blemain, or any other Company ( Vodafone for example ) is quite clear. They are permitted to post on the site, provided they observe the general forum rules. Additionally, and Amethyst's earlier post makes it quite clear, they may not post special telephone numbers, email addresses or special reference numbers which may, if used by the OP, enable that OP to be personally identified should they elect to use those contact mediums.

It's interesting that since being advised neither the Vodafone Rep or Blemain have visited LB or posted which perhaps indicates their true motivation for posting in the first place.
                  I totally agree, I even doubt if it was actually Blemain customer relations. It seems a bit odd to me that they suddenly turn up just after I picked up the old thread. More likely some-one attempting to glean as much info as possible, for whatever reason.
                  L.

Comment

I totally agree, I even doubt if it was actually Blemain customer relations. It seems a bit odd to me that they suddenly turn up just after I picked up the old thread. More likely some-one attempting to glean as much info as possible, for whatever reason.
                    L.
                    Hi L,

I cannot go into details but it certainly appears to genuinely be Blemain Finance.

Budgie

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                      Hi L,

I cannot go into details but it certainly appears to genuinely be Blemain Finance.

Budgie
                      So the fact is that even although today I listed my concerns very clearly and in very general terms, the replies to which would have been of benefit to many, they still were unprepared to respond.
                      I guess that clearly sums up the extent of their commitment to customer service then eh?
                      L.

Comment

So the fact is that even although today I listed my concerns very clearly and in very general terms, the replies to which would have been of benefit to many, they still were unprepared to respond.
                        I guess that clearly sums up the extent of their commitment to customer service then eh?
                        L.
                        Nothing much I can say to that, but they do still have the opportunity to respond, in general terms of course. Up to them whether they decide to exercise that option.

Comment

Buildings Insurance:
                          Please can you give a possible explanation as to why so many customers have sent in their buildings insurance documents to yourselves, only to be told later that you have not received it?
                          When the value of the loan is only a very small proportion of the house value, why do you need to be named as an interested party, given that you are already named as such on the title deeds to the property?
                          Re; block building insurance taken out by yourselves on our properties,
                          · Where we already have insurance this then means there are 2 insurance policies held on the property. Is this legal and would both policies be valid for claims and pay-out should a claim need to be made?
                          · Why is the cost of the block policy you use far in excess of our own full buildings plus contents insurance?
                          · To what do the two charges “block insurance” and “buildings insurance block charge” refer?

(I'm sure there are more to add, but hope this will be a useful starting point!)

Lindy
                          This insurance thing is now becoming even more of a nightmare, as I gather more information.
                          I’ve re-contacted my home insurance company to ask them to send me yet another copy of the buildings insurance policy with Blemain’s interest named, as Blemain still claim they have not received it. (My insurers both faxed and posted the document to Blemain in January, and I also posted my copy when I recieved yet another reminder letter 2 weeks later.)This time I will send it by recorded delivery. I’m also rather confused, because on the initial letter from Blemain when I set up my loan a few years ago, it stated that only original documents would be accepted, and that these would not be returned to me. However when I phoned customer services again a few weeks ago, the girl I spoke to said copies were acceptable…but I’m not taking that risk, because I sent another copy and still find it apparently was not received. (Maybe the postman is a bit peckish and has a penchant for insurance documents?...who knows)
                          Whilst on the phone, I asked how I stood if Blemain were also to take out a buildings insurance policy on my house. (I was very careful not to mention that they had been doing so for the last 4 years!!) Emphatically, this would void any claims I may make, unless the other insurance company also declared to my insurance company, their interest in my house. This is to avoid duplicate fraudulent claims, and also to enable both insurers to make a fairly reduced contribution towards the claim. At the moment Blemain Finance is listed as an interested party to the value of the loan taken out (as they are on the title deeds to that effect…my endowment mortgage and house insurance are with the same bank and linked), but critically no other insurance company is named on my policy.
                          I presume Blemain’s buildings insurers will still pay out to them, as I’m sure they have this covered, but where does that leave me? Until my mortgage reaches full term, the bank still has first charge.
                          I don’t know if any-one else has had any experiences of this problem?
                          My apologies for so many moaning posts, but I’m now even more worried!!!

Comment

Looks like similar questions have been asked:

You may have to dig, deeper.
                            Last edited by Tools; 14th January 2015, 19:44:PM.

Comment

Blimey, this makes interesting reading. I've always suspected Blemain patrol the consumer sites.
                              Lindybee, the buildings insurance is a favourite trick of theirs and the only way to get an answer out of them is to send everything to them recorded delivery. Best of luck, Richfordbabe

Comment

Originally posted by magiciansgirl View Post
                                Blimey, this makes interesting reading. I've always suspected Blemain patrol the consumer sites.
                                Lindybee, the buildings insurance is a favourite trick of theirs and the only way to get an answer out of them is to send everything to them recorded delivery. Best of luck, Richfordbabe
                                They continue to monitor this thread too !!

I have kept an eye on things and can confirm that Blemain Finance have spent quite a while on this thread today ( not logged in - but viewing as a Guest ).

So despite their earlier bull****, it appears, after all, that all they were seeking to do was to try to trick you into contacting a special telephone number or email a special address so that they could link your personal identity to your Legal Beagles anonymous identity.

Rest assured that they are already in possession of the questions you are asking Lindybee but are deliberately choosing not to log in and formally answer them on your thread.

Excellent work Customer Relations at Blemain Finance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X