• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blemain Finance

I would say there is nothing in the least specific in stating why you dont ever supply statements of account.
    G

Comment

Hi Customer relations, Blemain Finance,

The DPA doesn't stop you from answering in general terms, only if you identify a living person.
      Lots of people are eagerly awaiting your response!
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Blemain Finance View Post
        Lindybee,

Thanks for offering us the opportunity to answer some of your concerns.

Data Protection laws prevent us from discussing anything specifically relating to your account on a public forum, but we would really like to help resolve some of the concerns you have.
        You are not allowed to identify them or their location to us however from the information give you can respond or perhaps could ask Admin for a private area within the forum where that issue could be dealt with, without the prying eyes of all the forum users. Private Message Amethyst/Tools/Cetelco/Celestine
        If you wouldn't mind calling us directly on edit
        , we will do everything we can to sort out the problems you've been having. You have asked for the name of a specific individual to speak with, so please xxxxxxxxx when calling.

Kind regards,
        Customer relations, Blemain Finance

See above.
        Last edited by Amethyst; 24th March 2011, 17:09:PM. Reason: removed contact details
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Blemain Finance, I haven't received a PM from you requesting permission to post, although I haven't yet check with the other Admin as yet. It's just good protocol, I'm sure you can understand that your customers who post anonymously on forums with issues with the company are doing so after having tried dealing direct with the company and getting nowhere, and wish to remain anonymous.

It would be much better, rather than posting on forums to try boosting the company image by resolving the odd customers issue, if your company acted properly to begin with so customers didn't have the need to post on forums trying to find answers. You are quite welcome to post general advice and if you wish explain a bit about your business model, it would be nice if you could explain your companies policy on some of the issues customers raise across the forums. Many of the issues are those that arise again and again and can be discussed referring to your general form contracts and policies which needn't identify particular customers.

Please refrain from posting direct contact details on the forum, unless general contact details, as specifics carry the potential risk of identifying posters.

Thank you.

Lindybee, I think because you have posted quite specifically about your own case it is difficult for Blemain to respond without breaching Data Protection, and you need to ask any questions in more general terms to get answers publicly for your own and others benefit.

Originally posted by lindybee View Post
          Has any-one else had a response from them on here or was it just lucky timing on my part?eace:

Guess you're just lucky :tinysmile_aha_t:

Ame
          xx

p.s. Nats, the private forum area idea would be a No btw xx
          Last edited by Amethyst; 24th March 2011, 16:59:PM.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Blemain Finance, I haven't received a PM from you requesting permission to post, although I haven't yet check with the other Admin as yet. It's just good protocol, I'm sure you can understand that your customers who post anonymously on forums with issues with the company are doing so after having tried dealing direct with the company and getting nowhere, and wish to remain anonymous.

It would be much better, rather than posting on forums to try boosting the company image by resolving the odd customers issue, if your company acted properly to begin with so customers didn't have the need to post on forums trying to find answers. You are quite welcome to post general advice and if you wish explain a bit about your business model, it would be nice if you could explain your companies policy on some of the issues customers raise across the forums. Many of the issues are those that arise again and again and can be discussed referring to your general form contracts and policies which needn't identify particular customers.

Please refrain from posting direct contact details on the forum, unless general contact details, as specifics carry the potential risk of identifying posters.

Thank you.

Lindybee, I think because you have posted quite specifically about your own case it is difficult for Blemain to respond without breaching Data Protection, and you need to ask any questions in more general terms to get answers publicly for your own and others benefit.

Guess you're just lucky :tinysmile_aha_t:

Ame
            xx

p.s. Nats, the private forum area idea would be a No btw xx
            Thanks Amethyst, I'll format some general and more direct questions. I gave the details of what has been affecting me, to try to highlight my concerns. I now know many have had similar problems. We found more today on other forums linked to Blemain. Here are some links:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2016157

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2016157

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...php?p=27181459
            One of them (can't remember which) has a post from an ex-employee of Blemain which is v. interesting.

And here is a company which deals with no win no fee claims and has a specific page for Blemain Finance if any-one is interested?

http://ppclaims.com/BlemainFinance?gclid=CIz5q9PZ56cCFcod4QodgSxjbg

Comment

Following changes in the consumer credit act in 2008, all companys should be giving customers at least one annual statement, details of fee charges and complaints procedure.
              I found these links on Blemain's web-site today, so they do apparently have the systems in place, it just seems that a lot of their customers are not receiving the information for whatever reason.
              http://www.blemainfinance.co.uk/customerservice/Statement_Guide.html

http://www.blemainfinance.co.uk/customerservice/Statement_FAQ.html

http://www.blemainfinance.co.uk/customerservice/Blemain%20Finance%20Tariff%20May'10%20-%20BLF0403.pdf

http://www.blemainfinance.co.uk/customerservice/BLF0429%20Complaints%20Handling%20Leaflet_web.pdf
              Now just how simple would it have been for Blemain to post that on here instead of me?!!! Except of course those of us who have never seen them will now have the information!

Does any-one know if this is correct for Blemain?
              FSA Registration Number: 415689.
              L
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              I posted this on my other thread, but it may be useful on this one too. Its a no win no fee claims company who have a specific page for Blemain.

http://ppclaims.com/BlemainFinance?gclid=CIz5q9PZ56cCFcod4QodgSxjbg
              L.
              Last edited by lindybee; 24th March 2011, 22:13:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0032328
                Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberBlemain Finance Limited1185052

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Blemain Blemain Finance Blemain Finance Direct Direct Finance

Issued Date: 24-Oct-1980
                Expiry Date: 09-May-2011

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionAdrian Joseph GrantOFFICERGary Bailey Gary Beckett Henry Neville MoserOFFICERMr Marc Richard GoldbergOFFICERStephen Baker Tracey BaileyOFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionChristopher William HackingOFFICERColin John PunshonOFFICERDavid John SeabridgeOFFICERGary Derek BeckettOFFICERJohn Edward SmithOFFICERMartin Basil RichardsOFFICERMatthew John RidleyOFFICERMr Barrie Stephen PollockOFFICERMs Rosalind Brenda MoserOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Credit Brokers

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceBracken House, Charles Street, Manchester Central, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 7BDPrincipal Place Of BusinessBracken House, Charles Street, Manchester Central, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 7BDRegistered OfficeBracken House, Charles Street, Manchester Central, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 7BD

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence1st Floor Sedgewick House, Henry Street, Manchester, M4 5BDPrincipal Place Of Business1st Floor Sedgewick House, Henry Street, Manchester, M4 5BDPrincipal Place Of Business1st Floor Sedgewick Mill, Redhill St, Ancoats, Manchester, M4Principal Place Of Business2nd Floor Royal Mill, Redhill St, Manchester, M4 5BDRegistered OfficeSmith Forshaw Chart Acc, Midland Bank Chbrs Redhill St, Manchester, M4 5BHRegistered OfficeSmith Partnership 3, Ralli Courts, West Riverside, Manchester, M3 5FT

Comment

Hi Lindy,

I hope you don’t mind me replying on your thread – I’m writing from the customer relations team at Blemain Finance. We just wanted to apologise for some of the problems you’ve been having and to see if we can help to sort them out for you

Read more at: Blemain Finance - Page 4 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Here are some general questions which I'm sure Blemain can answer without any infringements;
                  Statements and Agreements:
                  Since it’s mandatory under the CCA to send out a minimum of an annual statement, why do you not do this for all your customers?
                  Re: the fees stated on the credit agreement, what is the difference between “interest charge” and “total charge for credit”?
                  On the statement to what exactly does the figure “Balance of unpaid fees” refer and how can customers find out exactly which fees have been levied, the date levied, and also for what reason the fees were imposed?
                  Where changes occur resulting in our monthly payment becoming less than the monthly interest charges, why are we not notified either in advance or immediately this occurs?
                  (I have more but wil seperate the topics for ease of reply.)
                  Lindy

Comment

Originally posted by Blemain Finance View Post
                    Lindybee,

Thanks for offering us the opportunity to answer some of your concerns.

Data Protection laws prevent us from discussing anything specifically relating to your account on a public forum, but we would really like to help resolve some of the concerns you have.

edit

Kind regards,

Customer relations, Blemain Finance
                    Buildings Insurance:
                    Please can you give a possible explanation as to why so many customers have sent in their buildings insurance documents to yourselves, only to be told later that you have not received it?
                    When the value of the loan is only a very small proportion of the house value, why do you need to be named as an interested party, given that you are already named as such on the title deeds to the property?
                    Re; block building insurance taken out by yourselves on our properties,
                    · Where we already have insurance this then means there are 2 insurance policies held on the property. Is this legal and would both policies be valid for claims and pay-out should a claim need to be made?
                    · Why is the cost of the block policy you use far in excess of our own full buildings plus contents insurance?
                    · To what do the two charges “block insurance” and “buildings insurance block charge” refer?

(I'm sure there are more to add, but hope this will be a useful starting point!)

Lindy

Comment

• Re: Blemain Finance

Hands over ears folks for the silence will be quite deafening
                      G

Comment

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...stcontractinfo

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
                          Hands over ears folks for the silence will be quite deafening
                          G
                          Well they ofered to help, so I've given them the opportunity, can't say fairer than that
                          I think given all our past experiences though, you are probably right!
                          (Shall we have a beagle sweepstake on how long for a reply to come back?)

L.

Comment

Hi AC I regret to say that Blemains Loans are unregulated therefore that OFT advice does not apply.
                            G

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
                              Hi AC I regret to say that Blemains Loans are unregulated therefore that OFT advice does not apply.
                              G
                              How can you tell if your loan is regulated or not? can't find anything in my agreement which says yes or no.
                              It meantions Blemain's CCTA license but that is all.

Comment

This link will explain
                                http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...dit/oft140.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X