• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

I have requested an underwriting sheet from Blemain Finance. The have sent me something but it is not what I think is an underwriting sheet. What does an underwriting sheet look like and what do I do now
    Thanks

Comment

Hi all
      well have finally had a reply from bf. with regard to the early settlement rebate they say it is calculated according to the oft calculation as shown on their website. Does anyone know what this calculation is? I have looked but can only find the rules of cca but not how to calculate a rebate.

The insurance they insist that I have failed to name them so therefore they have to add to their block insurance. They have never done this before though.

The additional interest is what has been charged on the charges added to the account and they have very kindly given me a list of the charges.

They have offered to remove 3charges and associated interest but as the charges are the usual £35 for missed payment and £30 per phone all I would like them all removed.
      now I tried once before to go to the fos about bf and was told they didn't cover them but has this changed?

Comment

PM Billk he is good with these sort of calculations on settlement interest to see if they are correct or not - he may be able to give you some guidance hun. But well done for getting this far.

As for the FOS I thought they did help with the charges but maybe only on inflated charges.

If you already had insurance on your property and can prove that you did and send them all the documents proving this surely they must refund insurance as you cannot be insured twice for same thing. Also did they ever send you proof that you were insured and what cover you had? this could be important. x

Originally posted by grimbell View Post
        Hi all
        well have finally had a reply from bf. with regard to the early settlement rebate they say it is calculated according to the oft calculation as shown on their website. Does anyone know what this calculation is? I have looked but can only find the rules of cca but not how to calculate a rebate.

The insurance they insist that I have failed to name them so therefore they have to add to their block insurance. They have never done this before though.

The additional interest is what has been charged on the charges added to the account and they have very kindly given me a list of the charges.

They have offered to remove 3charges and associated interest but as the charges are the usual £35 for missed payment and £30 per phone all I would like them all removed.
        now I tried once before to go to the fos about bf and was told they didn't cover them but has this changed?

Comment

Hi Tutsi

They only sent me a letter stating that I would be added to their block insurance and what cost would be added to my account.

Will pm billk

Thanks

Comment

As there is over £1300 in charges and over £1700 in interest on these what would be my chances of getting these removed?

Comment

Hi grimbell

bill has asked me to help

be on your case later

TURBS

Comment

Hi turbo

Thamks very much.

Comment

Right Grimbell

I will read thro this whole thread late tonight

But Bill has asked me to look at the figures---as I have worked on Settlements & Rule of 78 a lot

To save a bit of time----can you summarise in one post all the issues and all the sums & calculations within the thread

Also - any Consumer Credit Agreements / Mortgage agreements

Also- any arrears / Penalty Charges Summaries

Also---can you post up any detailed Settlement Letters (or offers)
                  & Latest Statements

If you require complete confidentiality--send them to Simiantics@gmail.com where both Bill & I can both view them simultaneously

re your query in post 302--i have asked Di30 to comment re your query as to whether FOS cover issues with BF

Turbs

Comment

Grimbell - you now have da main man on your case !!! Thanks, Turbo.

Comment

Hi there

Cheers turbo

What year was you sold the finance from BF?

The FOS are able to adjudicate a business if they were regulated by the Financial service association (FSA) or prior to these GISC, otherwise the FOS usually suggest another avenue like the Underwriter/Insurer of the policy.
                      The lender BF should send you details of the PPI (Policy document) in the post free of charge, details of the underwriter/insurer are enclosed on that document, and it's quite possible they were FSA regulated.

If you have any paperwork, check if they were regulated by any of the above, if not the FOS will suggest the other as stated.

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Hi this uses the early settlements regs from the 1442 amendments but it is close enough to the current EU ones so that you couldn't tell the difference, unless you were talking about very large sums.

http://www.financecalcs.co.uk/Calcs/Settlement.php

Comment

Hi turbo thanks

I will scan in all docs I have and send them to you tomorrow

Thanks again

Comment

Hi DavyB----(do I know you---pmsl)---nice to see you (again-lol)

I & Marshy used Stewart for Rule of 78--espec for Pompeyfaith
                            http://brian-stewart.orpheusweb.co.u...ualr78-prr.htm

When I get the figures--I'll use both sites & reconcile

Originally posted by davyb View Post
                            Hi this uses the early settlements regs from the 1442 amendments but it is close enough to the current EU ones so that you couldn't tell the difference, unless you were talking about very large sums.

http://www.financecalcs.co.uk/Calcs/Settlement.php

Comment

Great grimbell

The Cavalry has arrived on your thread -Bill,Di,DavyB & me-rofl

Originally posted by grimbell View Post
                              Hi turbo thanks

I will scan in all docs I have and send them to you tomorrow

Thanks again
                              Last edited by Turboman; 26th July 2012, 20:48:PM.

Comment

Hi
                                E-mail sent to Turbo.
                                many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X