• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on letter to DCA please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi R0b

Its been a while, however, how does this look in response to Links' last letter:

Further to youe letter dated 10 Jan 2018, I would just like to make it clear that:

I do not wish to pay the amount claimed of £798, for the following reasons:

I still dispute the alleged damage costs
    I am not liable for the collection charges

Your last letter included a Payment Plan, however, as I already stated in my last letter, I am willing to pay costs of £218 at £20 per month.

Comment

Hi R0b

Since your last reply, Link have sent another Reduced Payment Plan form and have been trying to call me a few times.
      Have written the above in response to your last reply. Is this kinda what you meant?

Thanks
      btw, following scot-lad's post with interest.

Comment

Hi R0b

My response on 30 April was to your post of 8 Mar.
        Do you think it is worded correct and clear enough for me to send?
        Note: Link have now sent me the attached.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

R0b

Hi
          I know you're dealing with many, many posts, but if when you get a chance could you please take a wee look at my last few posts please? They are now constantly trying to contact me as I haven't answered them since my offer letter was sent. Is my potential letter (post of 30 Apr) any good as a response? I'm also concerned by the look of their last letter that they might default on my credit file. I'm sorry if I'm being a pain, but I still feel I need help in all this

Comment

Morning, Sorry for not getting back to you, I will take a look at this today, probably at lunch time or when I get home from work.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hello I've looked at the document, it is a notice of sums in arrears that is sent out when you are in arrears under a credit agreement. I can see no reason why they have sent you that because the agreement has already terminated so it is not applicable. I suggest you monitor your credit file and see if there are any adverse changes by Link over the coming months. I don't think there is much you can do than either sit back and wait to see if they issue a claim, or wait and see if they affect your credit file in which case you either do nothing still or take action of your own, or simply pay up the full amount.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I'll summarise the past events of my issue (for any new readers). VT debt (April 2017) - an amount I have disputed from start (also includes collection charges) which has been constantly ignored by creditor - has been passed to a DCA. I have offered an amount - ignored by DCA. Their latest is offering a 10% reduction and payment plan over 4yrs. What else can I do?/how should I respond? Any advice appreciated ...thanks R0b
                Last edited by wanderlust9; 23rd January 2019, 21:12:PM.

Comment

I VT'd a car nearly 2 years ago (post started here... https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-advice-please) and have had advice from R0b since then. The disputed debt was passed on to a DCA in August 2017 which is ongoing. However, I feel I still need advice on how to proceed, as neither myself nor the DCA are backing down. R0b had said they would probably reject my offer - which they did, so basically my options would be either I prepare for court action or pay up. I have no clue about what would happen if they began court action, although I was prepared, reluctantly, (as a goodwill gesture) to pay some of disputed damage costs. I am now at my wits end wondering what will happen now.

R0b Ive edited this to tag you in, in the hope of a reply. Thanks
                  Last edited by wanderlust9; 19th March 2019, 14:43:PM.

Comment

Hi R0b or anyone? Can you please help me out further with how I should proceed?

Comment

Hi

Since there has been no replies for about nearly a year, am I to assume there will be no further advice/help?

Comment

Hello

I don't really have anything to offer other than what's been suggested already and you'll see from the plethora of threads on voluntary termination, I always repeat what I say. I assume that since your previous posts no further action has been taken?

I can't conjure something magical to make this all go away, but you should certainly keep the paperwork for at least 6 years since the dispute arose (7 preferably just in case they issue a claim which may be considered within our just outside the statutory limitation period for bringing claims). You are in the same boat as everyone else and nobody on here and especially myself, can tell you what you should or shouldn't do because that's your decision and your's alone.

Just in case I haven't made it clear in my earlier posts, you can either pay up (partially or in full) or sit and wait it out in which case if you receive letters, repeat the same information you've made and store them safely. It's only when you get to the stage of receiving a letter before action or a claim being issued should you take things more seriously.

If you really want some advice on your next steps (which may or may not be the same as I am saying), I suggest you seek independent legal advice.
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X