• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How can Cartel promise this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Cartel promise this?

I have had several emails, and just found out a collegue has signed up for complete clearance of all credit card balances by a company called cartel, how is this possible and am i right in thinking this itself maybe a scam to rip people off?

Re: How can Cartel promise this?

hmmmm sounds like it could be - if not a scam then not particularly heathly for you. Will look into it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by CARTEL
      Do you have a Credit Card where the contract was issued before the 1st of April 2007?

If so, you may want to find out more about Cartel Client Review’s new credit card service.

What might it be possible to claim for?

If a credit card contract is found to be flawed or unenforceable you may be able to:
      • Claim to cancel the card and clear any outstanding balance on it
      • Claim back any charges previously paid
      • Claim for interest you have previously paid on any outstanding balances
      • Claim for repayments you have previously made

The Credit Card Service is available at a reduced fee for all clients of Cartel Client Review.

What is the review fee for and what does it cover?

The review fee for all mortgage, secured loan and motor finance product reviews is £495. This covers the review costs incurred by Cartel Client Review prior to a solicitor taking on a claim. The review fee is payable at the time of signing the client agreement. Cartel Client Review will take no payment prior to assessing the relative chances of a successful claim.

Cartel Client Review does not take any percentage of any settlement for mortgage, secured loan and motor finance product reviews.

Successful claim fees of £250 plus 30% of the total of interest repaid, payments returned and balance cleared will apply.
      Is that them?

They seem to be relying on the CCA 1974. And trying to make money out of uneforceability of contracts.

There was a big case recently....will get the details for you - will be interesting reading.

Ahh cant find the judgement online at the moment....this was their company similar thing CREDIT CARD KILLER - guys name was Basil Rankins. just if you fancy some research.

Getting out of debt on uneforceability isnt something i agree with but it is possible. However paying a company to do it for you when the chances of acxtually wiping the debt are pretty small isnt a great idea. Plus it could lead to enforceable debts currently chugging along on low monthly payments getting suddenly enforced in a more 'effective' manner.

Just my opinion mind
      Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd June 2008, 17:45:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

That'll be friends of Basil then

Comment

Yes thats them, didnt the rankins lose a subsequent case? seems very iffy to me,

Comment

They did indeed. big style lol.

Seems iffy to me too but standard ambulance chasing malarky of which there are lots about.

I wouldnt use them and suggest your colleague thinks again or looks at sorting his debts out himself before paying out anything.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Note the continual use of the word MAY/MIGHT.
              They aren't promising anything, but pipe dreams and pie in the sky.

We know how powerful the CCA is if abused, but there is still the moral question.
              You have had the money so you really should be paying something back, even if it works out at 0% APR !!

Comment

Iffy?..... £495 up front fee + £250 on payment of claim + 30% of money refunded or written off.

They're not ambulance chasers, just good old fashioned blood suckers

Comment

followed the link amythest put up and only get holding page with an email address, emailed it asking wheres the website and the told me to go to cartel cleint review Hmmm.... interesting dont you think?

Comment

Not really as CCK's site went "down" just after the judgement against Basil.
                    He has been banned from bringing any further claims of the type he has been doing.
                    The judge really tore him off a strip as well.

Can you say vexatious litigant !!!

Comment

£250 on payment of claim + 30% of money refunded or written off.
                      so you could get rid of £30k of debt, which could be negotiated down and a payment sorted if you contacted you creditor

but if the cartel are sucessful and write off your debt you will be charged £9000 by them, and i'm damn sure they will want that straight away and will be taking YOU straight to court to get it, and there's a good chance you they will use the Stat Demands trick, and although you may have written off a large debt, the company that helped you may now be the ones filing for bankruptcy against you.
                      And as you couldnt manage payments to sort your original debt you have probably no chance of raising £9000 plus costs and interest to stop it proceeding

Easy way out?

It could cost your House, savings, everything

SO THINK BEFORE YOU ACT - LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE

Comment

CCK went down when trading standards et al got involved a few months back. They rebranded somewhat and partnered with Cartel who have been pushing the service since. but as has been said, Mr Fawlty and his missus spectacularly lost their most recent attempt in Court to the tune of £60000 minimum costs awarded against them so Cartel are no doubt hoping they have a few more weeks before the cat is out the bag, and or TS start looking at them.

Comment

now would it be wrong to point them in this direction?

Comment

#staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X