• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor Letter Received For Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor Letter Received For Credit Card Debt

Hi
    I have received a letter from a solicitors on behalf of a DCA for an outstanding balance on a credit card.
    They have said that I need to complete a income & expenditure questionnaire and return it to them within 14 days of the date on the letter with a proposal payment back plan.
    I sent the DCA the letter asking for proof of credit agreement and got no response instead received this letter.
    Can I or will the solicitor accept this letter if I send it to them in response of their letter or is it too late now it is with them?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Solicitor Letter Received For Credit Card Debt

I would respond like this

Dear XXXX

Thank you for your letter received XX/XX/2014.

I assume this letter is in response to the s.78 CCA request I made on the XX/XX/2014 to XX DCA to identify their rights to collect monies for an alleged debt formerly held with XXX (Original Creditor). This letter does not constitute an acknowledgment toward that account.

That CCA request remains unfulfilled and therefore the account is now in breach of s.78 (1) CCA 1974. Could you please clarify in writing whether your client XX DCA intends to comply with my s.78 request and in what timescale. I draw your attention to s.78 (6) which precludes enforcement of this debt until s.78 (1) is complied with correctly.

Whilst we are in communication, I also request to be supplied with a statement of account, explaining any charges or interest that may have been applied. It would also be appropriate to supply a copy of the assignment notices & default notice.

I am not under any obligation to supply you with any details regarding my income until these regulatory requests have been complied with.

This account is in dispute and any legal escalation will be vigorously defended.

Yours XXX
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks! Will send this asap recorded this time too!

Comment

So I sent the letter to the DCA and the solicitor today by recorded so be interesting to see what happens next.

Lets hope it goes my way.

Comment

Well ive had a letter back from the solicitors in response to the Prove It letter and they've said 'we are taking our client instructions on this matter and therefore your account has been placed on hold'
          So will see what happens / what is sent to me next.

Is this a good or bad thing to be sent? Ive had nothing from the DCA about it yet. I did send them the same letter.

Comment

It means they're panicking because they don't have the documentation they are required to have to commence legal action and realise that they will have a real fight if they try to push this.

You haven't provided any background details to this account so no-one can advise if they do file a claim. Depending on that background, it might also be prudent to send SAR now to the original creditor so that you are aware of all the documentation that the OC will be able to supply them with. They have 40 days to comply to SAR so that needs sending now.
            Last edited by Kafka; 5th July 2014, 13:04:PM.

Comment

What's the SAR?

I should send this to the original lender? Not the DCA/solicitor chasing the debt?

Comment

Subject Acess request with £10.00 postal order

Comment

This goes to the original creditor. The DCA can only get data from them, so this will inform you what actually exists.

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...otection-Act-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X