• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

standing against Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: standing against Barclaycard

Originally posted by standingupformyself View Post
    My next step would be to take them to court, but as yet have not because my local court is giving out blanket stays....
    They should not be staying credit card claims, the review is for bank charge claims and not credit cards. So I'd go ahead and file.

Comment

Hi Standing,

the 'alleged agreement' is a precontractual application form. For an angreement to be enforcable, at the very least it MUST be signed by the debtor and contain ALL prescribed terms, as per the Regulations. In this case a credit card account is classed as an In running Credit Agreement and the prescribed terms are: Credit Limit, Rate of Interest and Repayments. From what I can make out none of these are remotely mentioned on the document rendering it unenforcable by virtue of s127(3) of the Act.

Did they send you any terms & conditions and where they current at the time you opened the acccount? If not they have failed in their obligations under the CCA Request as the Act clearly states they must provide you with the agreement 'and any other document referred to in it.'

kind regards,
      shane

Comment

Hi Shane
        We meet again!
        I thought as much, and it would appear that we are not the only ones! Today I received a letter offering me back all my PPI payments, plus interest. I sent my complaint to FOS, as Barclaycard turned me down!!!!

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by standingupformyself View Post
          Hi Shane
          We meet again!
          I thought as much, and it would appear that we are not the only ones! Today I received a letter offering me back all my PPI payments, plus interest. I sent my complaint to FOS, as Barclaycard turned me down!!!!

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hi Standing,

Nice to see you too Congrats on the PPI!

I assume they'll credit back the refund to your account, does that stll leave you in indebted to them? If I'm reading it right they refunded the ppi + interest but not yet the penalty charges?

kind regards,
          shane

Comment

Yes thats right Shane, I am indebted to them to the tune of about £150, with no CCA, and penalty charges still going on..

Comment

Excellent News on the PPI Well Done.

They're still adding charges to your account ??
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yep! the FOS has a spreadsheet that finishes in June of this year, however there has been late payment charges in July, August and September.... probably because I have refused to pay them though!

Comment

Well done maid, now get 'em for the charges!

Comment

Proper job aye? !!!!!!

Mercers have been phoning me on my mobile about this account, I have not answered at all, although I have to say they have not been trying very hard, they have been phoning about once a week. Got home from work yesterday and found a scribbled message from my son that could I phone Mrs somone up from Mercers. Don't know how they got my phone number, I am ex-directory and have never given it to them.
                    Not worried though cos the letter from Barclaycard said they are going to credit the money into my account (doesnt even ask me to accept or refuse) so Mercers will not be bothering to phone me within a few days.

Comment

How's this case doing Standing?

Any updates?

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X