• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

marlin europe 1 ltd - marks and spencer credit card and reserve account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: marlin europe 1 ltd - marks and spencer credit card and reserve account

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
    In Pushbike's case, they have amalgamated two separate products into a single claim.
    And it gets better than that because one of those amalgamated products is a storecard which was *transformed* into a credit card. Hence the possible doubly whammy

Comment

At some point when you sought advice on debt forums the general trend was 'you've spent the money, now you pay up'. Some posters really got a kick out of that and truly enjoyed seeing debtors in trouble.

Another trend was to remind people that they had signed up for the credit. But hold on there, people did not sign up for these store to credit cards, OP's M&S mastercard being a prime example.

I also have an M&S store to mastercard where the alleged debt is over Ł10k. I'm not paying the Ba$tard$. Mine got defaulted about 17 months ago so it's still early days. I had all the usual threats and lots of telephone harassment in the beginning. In February they hired Rockwell who were on the case for six months before giving up. I really enjoyed winding them up, sending them big red font letters and Santander vs. Mayhew court case. I also included 'my reference' on some letters, that being Mayhew 1, Mayhew 2 etc. I think my final one was Mayhew 3. Now it's been quiet for two months so perhaps M&S/HSBC guys are looking for another DCA?

Once again, the OP has come to the right place. On other forums the advice may well have been to send their 'query - missing prescribed terms letter' which is not very relevant to these 'transformed' cards.

I'm glad Paul is on the case:tinysmile_grin_t:
      Last edited by Amethyst; 24th October 2013, 13:48:PM. Reason: pm

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
        At some point when you sought advice on debt forums the general trend was 'you've spent the money, now you pay up'. Some posters really got a kick out of that and truly enjoyed seeing debtors in trouble.
        Some still do. :mmph:
        Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
        Once again, the OP has come to the right place. On other forums the advice may well have been to send their 'query - missing prescribed terms letter' which is not very relevant to these 'transformed' cards.

I'm glad Paul is on the case:tinysmile_grin_t:
        The main reason this is the right place is because of the legal back-up behind the forum, which others lack. :yo:

Most forum posters in general are not legally trained or qualified to give advise and, like myself, post from their own experience, however, there are times when you need proper legal help and advice, that's when Cel and PT come in! :first:

Comment

Thanks for the advice today Paul. I have spoken to Weightmans today ( which I never would have had the nerve to do before I spoke with Paul) and they have agreed a 28 day extension to prepare a defence.I have e mailed the courts to inform them and also am sending a paper copy in the post. I have till 21/11/13.They told me that their client were awaiting documents from HSBC! well good luck I say. Both accounts were opened years ago.We will see what they come up with and I will post any response I get.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Originally posted by pushbike View Post
            Thanks for the advice today Paul. I have spoken to Weightmans today ( which I never would have had the nerve to do before I spoke with Paul) and they have agreed a 28 day extension to prepare a defence.I have e mailed the courts to inform them and also am sending a paper copy in the post. I have till 21/11/13.They told me that their client were awaiting documents from HSBC! well good luck I say. Both accounts were opened years ago.We will see what they come up with and I will post any response I get.

Thanks again for your help
            now then, if they dont send you any documents in the next 7 to 10 days, then you may wanna check Gallahads thread on Marlin HSBC because he has just had them abandon a claim because we put an application together im sure he will be happy to assist you here, but if you dont feel confident then let me know and i will be happy to get stuck in
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
              now then, if they dont send you any documents in the next 7 to 10 days, then you may wanna check Gallahads thread on Marlin HSBC because he has just had them abandon a claim because we put an application together im sure he will be happy to assist you here, but if you dont feel confident then let me know and i will be happy to get stuck in
              For reference, this is the thread in question: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...374#post381374

Comment

For reference, this is the thread in question: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...374#post381374
                Stop showing off FP :rofl:

Comment

Hi thanks but it is not allowing me access to the link .

Comment

but it is not allowing me access to the link .
                    Ooops. That'll be Ł9 please. I'm sure FP will tell you how/why

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Stop showing off FP
                      I can't stop! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hi thanks but it is not allowing me access to the link .
                      Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Ooops. That'll be Ł9 please. I'm sure FP will tell you how/why
                      It's in the VIP area, I didn't realise when I posted the link.

You may consider becoming a VIP member to be able to access the thread. :thumb:

Go to settings, the third group down is 'My settings', under 'My account', the last item is paid subscriptions. Under VIP member subscription, choose one year Ł9 or 10 years Ł25. See below. :grin:

Attached Thumbnails

Comment

I'm in and can only hope mine goes the same way !

Comment

I'm in and can only hope mine goes the same way !
                          Woo Hoo. Welcome to VIP Land :cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2:

Comment

Hi I have been in contact with Weightmans again and nothing has changed on my file they still have no documents to send me. the deadline for submitting a defence is 21/11/13 which is 2 weeks today - I would be very grateful on any advice of how to get the application started please

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                              if they dont send you any documents in the next 7 to 10 days, then you may wanna check Gallahads thread on Marlin HSBC because he has just had them abandon a claim because we put an application together im sure he will be happy to assist you here, but if you dont feel confident then let me know and i will be happy to get stuck in
                              Hello Pushbike. I would take Paul up on his offer to get stuck in

Comment

Hi
                                I now have only 7 days left to prepare a defence with no documents produced yet by Weightmans or put an application together both of which I have no idea where to start . Can anyone out there tell me how to start it or help me get the ball rolling please

Thanks
                                Last edited by pushbike; 14th November 2013, 22:07:PM. Reason: omission

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X