• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Refund of charges but only 6 yrs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund of charges but only 6 yrs?

Hi All

Following a complaint Cap1 have offered me a full refund of charges plus interest going back 6 years from the date of complaint (October 2009) IF I sign that I accept this as full and final. They also state this is their final response and I can go to the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman say if I accept the offer they wont act! I wrote back to Cap1 furthering my complaint but they responded by saying any future correspondence from me will be received but remain unacknowledged.

However Ive now received full details of the account due to SAR and there are many more charges on the account in the three years prior to the time they have offered to refund.

Am I entitled to the full amount they have charged me over the years and can they really ignore any further correspondence? How can i get the Ombudsman to investigate to get all the money back or do I need to go via the courts?
    Last edited by Skaatiii; 24th January 2011, 14:51:PM.
    There are many ways to achieve the same result - careful consideration and planning are the key to getting the result that you want!
    Tags: None

Re: Refund of charges but only 6 yrs?

Here's a link to my credit card charges reclaiming guide, produced a couple of years ago but still relevant today.

Budgie's strategy for reclaiming credit card charges - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Ask yourself a simple question, why are they offering to refund you any charges at all?

Surely, the answer isn't because they like you or feel sorry for you.

No, the answer is because they are fully aware that these charges are unlawful and they will not allow the matter to proceed to a point in a Court claim where a Judge has to rule on the matter. They have dangled a carrot and are hoping that you will take the money and go away.

Why should you believe anything they tell you? They have lied to you in the past, what makes you think they are telling you the truth now?

Can you provide some additional details regarding your account such as.

Type of credit card you have?
    Total of charges pre six years?
    Total of charges in last six years?
    Current balance on card?
    Date you last made a payment and the amount of payment.

It would also be useful if you could fill out a spreadsheet, listing all the charges. Either of the spreadsheets listed in my guide would be great.

You say you have already received a response to your SAR request and you have "furthered" your complaint with them. Can you post up copies of the letters you have exchanged with them ( with your personal details removed ) and I will try to offer you some advice and suggestions on next steps to take should you wish to pursue this.

Regards Budgie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X