• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pro V Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro V Capital One

Dear all,

I have been battling with Capital One since the end of last year trying to get my charges back - they certainly don't make things easy.

After using various template letters, I was able to send my complaint to the FOS.

Today, I received a letter from the FOS stating that Capital One were making me an offer of £660 plus £72.53 for interest. The complaint I sent to the Ombudsman at the start of December detailed charges of £648 and statutory interest of £105.66.

Basically, I would have probably accepted Crap One's offer if it hadn't been that yesterday I received a generic letter from them telling me they were raising my interest rate by 11% to 39.9%. This has just got my blood boiling and I want to take them for all I can!

Having followed some forums, I note that people have attempted to reclaim their charges together with the contractual rate of interest and stat interest or the interest they've had to pay plus stat interest.

I just want to know how to proceed; how to work the above out etc. Any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated. I realise this will probably involve raising a court claim...

I have 14 days to notify the FOS as to whether I'll accept the offer or not or they will close my case down.

I look forward to any advice you may have.

Pro

Re: Pro V Capital One

Hi

Capital One are usually pretty straightforward, this must be an exception. Personally, as there is only 20 difference between what youn asked for and what they are offering I would be tempted to take the offer. If you decide to go the court route with CI you will need to be very well prepared and researched and feel confident about arguing the legalities and technicalities in fron to f a judge if needs be. Have a look at Budgie's thread for more info. Budgie is the best one to advise on CI, he'll probably be along later.

Do you still have a balance with Capital One?
    Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X