• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What can my wife do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can my wife do ?

Because I'm having problem with my MBNA credit cards payment, the bank has now wrote a letter to my wife that it has closed her account.

The letter reads:

Dear Mrs.Geffrye
    With reference to your credit card account with MBNA Europe Bank Ltd, I am writting to confirm that your account is now closed.

If you have not already done so, please ensure that your credit cards and cheques are destroyed.

Please ensure that all continous authority transactions (e.g. membership and annualsubscriptions) are cancelled with the relevant originator, as these will remain valid until revoked by you.

Yours Sincerely,
    Head of Credit.

But the funniest thing is that, MBNA is still sending statements / slip for payment. Should she continue paying or stop any further payment?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: What can my wife do ?

We it in joint names ? Can't understand why if your having trouble then they should persecute her unless thats so.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
      We it in joint names ? Can't understand why if your having trouble then they should persecute her unless thats so.
      NO and capital NO. It's not in a joint names or account. She has her own credit card separately from mine.
      From her and my understanding, this action was taken because of my current financial problem and the fact that I SAR MBNA for my account with them.

In answer to your question, it's NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Geffrye09 View Post
        NO and capital NO. It's not in a joint names or account. She has her own credit card separately from mine.
        From her and my understanding, this action was taken because of my current financial problem and the fact that I SAR MBNA for my account with them.

In answer to your question, it's NO!

SUBBING////////

Comment

MBNA are within their rights to withdraw the card if they choose to and although it may be the case that they have done this due to your SAR, you are unlikely to be able to prove it.

Comment

OK Amy. I know MBNA has every right to withdraw the card if it choose to. However, do they have rights to demand for payment on the account they chose to close?

In the statement being sent payment is due on Wednesday 07/10/09 should she pay the money or not? Because from my understanding if account is closed there will be nowhere to send the money to...Am I right or wrong?

Does she have to continue paying or not. Please advise.
            Last edited by Geffrye09; 4th October 2009, 19:33:PM.

Comment

Maybe your wife should write and ask why they are closing her account.

With regard to where her payments will go, I believe she should still pay what she owes and if they do not receive payment due to the account being closed I am sure they will let you know where and how you should pay.

Just make sure she keeps receipts for her payments just in case MBNA choose to accept her payments but not credit her account.

Not that I am at all suspicious you understand.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X