• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TonyB - v - Natwest Credit Card ***SETTLED***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TonyB - v - Natwest Credit Card

Yep, thats what I thought

here's the email I'm planning to send to Liz. Will this do - please feel free to tweak where necessary lol.

Dear Miss Feldmann

Claim Number 7WJ02776

Following our telecom today regarding your letter of 18th October.

The claim is for at total of £575.38, which includes all charges applied to the account, s.69 interest @ 8%, and Court fees.
    Your offer of £325 is plainly far short of the total claimed.
    I understand that Natwest are not prepared to refund any of the fees charged at £12, and £8 each of the fees charged at £20, the basis for this being the OFT “recommendation” in their report of April 2006.
    May I draw your attention to para 1.11 of the aforementioned OFT report:
    “Calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts” which states:-
    “The setting of the threshold is a provisional practical measure to move the w**** market towards compliance. We are not proposing that default fees should be equivalent to the threshold, and a court will certainly not consider that a default fee is fair just because it is below the threshold.”

However, should you wish to provide me with a detailed breakdown of your clients liquidated cost in relation to these charges and show that they are £12, I will consideryour offer. I am of the opinion the law is clear on liquidated damages and that, irrespective of your belief to the contrary and regardless of any agreement that I may have signed, the payment of excessive damages will be interpreted as a penalty and therefore the charges imposed by you will be unenforceable and judgment granted in my favour should I proceed to a hearing in Court.

Please pass on to your client my rejection of the above offer and convey to them my position as detailed above..
    However, as a gesture of goodwill on my behalf, and in order to bring this matter to a speedy conclusion and save the Courts valuable time, I would be willing to accept an offer of £550.00.
    Is no longer here

Comment

yup I already said my bit..... go for hun.... tis what I would do anyway

Comment

Yeah but what about me email??
        Is no longer here

Comment

looks good to me hun
          and you have dropped a little to be fair...... will look good if they do decide to play hard ball.... which i doubt.... they are after all talking offers to you..lol

Comment

I am of the opinion the law is clear on liquidated damages
            Take your opinion out, the law is clear, your opinion is irrelevant (Meant in the nicest possible way)

Comment

You lettin em off for a w**** £25.38, thats two litres of rum ffs pmsl

Comment

Or 4 bottles of Beringer Stone Cellars zinfandel
                Is no longer here

Comment

Precisely lol, the jugular woman the jugular pmsl dont forget yer a :beagle:

Comment

Yeah well I've sent it now, just wait and see what the lovely liz comes back with. Bet it won't be 4 bottles of wine though pmsl!
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Pom Poms at the ready gang!!!!!msl:

Being an impatient sort of a girl, and having to take advantage of boss going out, phoned Liz Feldmann at Cobblers. She says she's spoken to Natwest and they've agreed to accept my counter offer of £550. She says they're gonna raise a cheque in that amount, send it to her, then she'll send it to me (well to OH really) with a letter and discontinuance etc.
                      She won't put that in an email to me in case something goes wrong (in case they change their minds???) but says we should have the cheque within 7 days.

Obviously they haven't noticed that there's a balance owing on the account tee hee. But its under the limit anyway so if the full cheque comes, might persuade OH to pay it all off. Then again, might not..........
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Tis a pity you haven't got it in writing Wendy, we know what these people are like, if you get the £550 though you have done very well I think. Well done Enaid xx

Comment

Should have it in writing soon enough I hope, fingers crossed. She herself seems decent enough, but its the natwest paymasters i worry about. Oh well, time will tell. I'll definitley be in OH's good books after this (not that i was in the bad ones anyway)
                          At least she's pleasant to deal with. Wish I'd gone for the lot now ha ha.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

well done Wendy, finish line fast approaching :roll:

Comment

There's not enough ***SETTLED*** going on these days, well done Wendy, I hope he appreciates your efforts............:okay:

Comment

Oh I'm sure he'll be eternally grateful lol. Must get my Crimbo pressie list written out lol. And when I get his Crap One dosh back as well.....there'll be no end to his gratefulness, I'm sure I can feel a trip to Faith coming on, new pair of FMBs, nice leather, spiky heels and pointy toes....
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X