• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TonyB - v - Natwest Credit Card ***SETTLED***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TonyB - v - Natwest Credit Card

Ooh thats good, automatic stars put in instead of my swear word. Saves me having to go back and edit.
    Is no longer here

Comment

But it still might all go horribly wrong so am definitely not counting any chickens yet.

And if I told you all what I did last night, you'd think i was totally incompetent and didn't deserve to be in charge of a paper clip, let alone somethng important like OH's claim!
      Is no longer here

Comment

you'll have to spill now luvvy I won't sleep a wink lol

Comment

LOl Wendy ... way to go hun, i can't believe how fast that all happened... like jan said.. that's gotta be the fastest turn around in the history of claiming LOL

and yeah I'm with enaid..... spill it... or you will be responsible for making me go to work looking like a zombie in the morning, after a night with no sleep pmsl

Comment

Okay then, here goes.
            Me, Tony and jess get in car to go to Spices for curry. Go to Tesco Express on the way so I can get money from cashpoint. Fill car with diesel, go in Tesco, spot loads of reduced stuff, buy it, pay with debit card. Come out loaded with bags of shopping, car still parked on pumps, go to cash point, get in car, drive off. Get about 300 yards down road, suddenly realise that like a complete and utter incompetent maniac i've got my cashcard in my pocket but have walked away without the money. 100 quid!!!!! Screech to a halt, illegal uturn, shot over two sets of lights on red, screech to another halt and accost the poor unsuspecting woman who is now using the cashpoint. She denies all knowledge and then I rush into tesco like a madwoman - the staff all know me and already know I'm mad anyway so no change there. They helpfully look on the CCTV and confirm that no-one used it for well over a minute so the money would have been sucked back in. Ring bank who confirm that this will probably be the case so have to fill in a form at any branch, when the ATM is balanced it should be £100 up, so they'll know this is mine and credit it back to my account.

How lucky was that?? Considering the place is usually haunted by any number of scrobos and chavs. I can't beleive I could be so stupid.

And we were late for the curry....but Josh did me a special he was testing out and it was very lovely......

Just gotta get to a bank now to fill in form, and hope I do get the money back after all.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Just a normal evening then...............:roll:

did you pay for the diesel???

Had times like that myself, makes you wonder if someone up above is trying to tell us something

Comment

Oh eck I hope you get your money too Wendy, I have left my card in the supermarket thing and had it eaten putting in the wrong number. Don't think I have ever left my money behind though.
                Tis all this mental pressure love us girls are under, we do get there in the end though and very often spectacularly, unlike the other half of the species lol.

Comment

Yes, I'd already paid for the diesel and shopping. I think you're right Phoenix, someone's trying to tell me something (apart from OH who did mention must be getting old and past it) Best thing is, I've never usually got anywhere near 100 quid in my account this close to payday lol. Its thanks to Natwest Mortgage and Crap One that there's anything at all!
                  Dunno about mental pressure, probably just mentally insane pmsl.
                  Been to bank, filled form in, they reckon I should get it back within 7 days.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

You're not gonna believe this, knock me down with an even smaller feather than the one at lunchtime today. Got home to find a letter from Cobblers, which obviously must have been posted yesterday before all of todays palaver. Its a "gesture of goodwill blah blah we'd win in Court but just to fob you off we'll offer you xxx to go away, shut up don't come back and keep it all confidential don't dare tell anybody sort of letter" Oops, I seem to have broken the confidentiality clause already lol. Anyway, there's no mention of how they arrived at this offer, but as its £250 short of the total claim including court fees and 8%, I can only presume they used an abacus with the beads missing. Have left a message on LF's voicemail asking how she came to this figure and saying I'll ring her to discuss it on Monday.
                    Are they mad?????
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Well I think we are beginning to realise they are not the brightest buttons in the sewing box, it must be a great feeling to say to their client "We saved you £250 on this one, now here's our bill for a few grand for dealing with it for you" no wonder Natwest are so impressed with them!

Hmmm now let me guess what happens next..........

Comment

Stick to your guns hun, it's all or nothing and I see you in court...LOL
                        at least they are talking to you now! which is further then I've managed to get with them..... hearing on tues and still NO communication from them at all. their own letter to the court stated evidence in the form of a witness statement would be sent both to the court and the claimant in advance of the hearing!!

Comment

Hmm, yes, what happens next........ It will involve a phonecall to Cobblers on Monday for sure, not sure what time, depends if the boss is in or not. See how many fingers and toes they've used in their calculations, then see what happens. as if we couldn't guess!
                          Is no longer here

Comment

Just spoken to the lovely Liz at Cobblers. Basis of the offer is
                            don't pay any of the £12 fees at all
                            offer the difference between £20 and £12 on the other fees (ie £8.00 per fee)
                            add on some interest
                            and a further bit for goodwill
                            add on the court fee

This is based on the OFT "recommendation" of £12 per charge. Quoted para 1.11 of the OFT report back at her, she says its just them covering their backs!
                            She says if I want to get back to them with a counter offer they'll put it to thier clients. Told her my thought would be that I want the full lot but will discuss it with OH and get back to her. No point discussing with him cos he'll just tell me to get on with it and do what I think.
                            My immediate reaction is to email her, again quoting the OFT report, and telling them the only offer willing to consider is the full lot, or see you in Court.

Thoughts/input please gang.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Go for it, you know the drill.

Comment

Same here Wendy, I agree with jan nothing ventured......................

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X