• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Biggs V Lloyds TSB credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggs V Lloyds TSB credit card

Just keep hold of the letter and wait to hear from the court.

What they may be doing, if its not a cross in the post situation, is applying for an interim charging order whilst the set aside hearing is pending.

This is basically a temporary charge over the property incase anything happens between now and the resolution of the case in court. When the set aside is granted this will be ordered removed, and if they do go on to get a ccj they would have to reapply for an interim charge order then go to hearing to obtain a final charging order.

I'm sorry to hear your news ((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))) try not to worry about this it will all come out in the wash and you have done everything right thus far.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst

Thanks for that the main concern is that they a hearing date for the charge on the house before the set aside hearing. It was all done by the same county court. The charge on the house hearing is set for the 22nd of October and the set aside hearing is set for 18th November. Should i go and talk to the court and mension this as it would seem that they applied without takeing note of the set aside hearing.

Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

In that case yes, send in a witness statement to the court regarding the charge order hearing and ask for it to be adjourned until after the set aside hearing, or heard with it.

If you want to draft something we can work on it over this week and get it in in plenty of time.

The hearing you have been notified of, does it say for interim or final charging order ? and have you received any documents from the land registry ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Amethyst

It says interim charge order and yes there is a document from the land registry. They did also ask if I wanted to make a settlement offer.

What sort of text do I need put into the statement.

Comment

Okay its for a final charging order then so it definately needs adjourning until after the set aside hearing.

I think the best thing is to write to the Judge pointing out the final charge hearings before the set aside and to shift it to after, and also send in a witness statement saying the same so if he wants things formal its not too late to submit that for the final charge hearing.

The letter just needs to explain the position. The Witness statement needs to be a bit more formal, will do a quick draft for you a bit later on and we can work on it together.

The site might be down again a bit today as we are changing our hosting over to sort out the database issues we've had over last few days.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst

Please find attached a letter for the court to adjourn the hearing.
              Last edited by swepstone; 23rd September 2009, 08:33:AM.

Comment

Amethyst

so why does it say interim when it is a final charging order. Also does it mean they might be a bit concerned with that fact that they are trying to lure me into makeing an offer of settlement.

Comment

Swepstone, you've left all your personal details on that letter, you might want to blank them off.

BTW you live 10 mins from me
                  Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                  Me VS Abbey Win
                  BIL HSBC Credit Card
                  BIL EGG
                  BIL HSBC Loan
                  BIL PPI Win

Comment

Wow how cool is that.

I have changed it now it was late when I put it up and forgot. So are you a legal person.

Comment

• Re: Biggs V Lloyds TSB credit card

The interim charge order is already in place if you have the documents from the land regsitry already. They can do this then have to go to court to get it formally put on which is known as a Final charging order.

Will have a look at the letter now.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

just amended a couple words otherwise lovely

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear (name of judge who is doing the hearing should be on the court Paperwork)

I would like to draw your attention to Claim 6XR86392 Lloyds TSB v Biggs as reference above. The default judgment in this claim is subject to a set aside application and a hearing date has been set for the 18th of November 2009 at 2pm in Reading County Court.

The claimant has made a request for an interim charging order on my property and a hearing date has been set for this on the 22nd of October 2009 at 2pm.

I ask that this hearing of the 22nd of October be adjourned until after the set aside hearing on the 18th of November.

I will also provide a witness statement to the court in due course.

Your sincerely

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by swepstone View Post
                          Wow how cool is that.

I have changed it now it was late when I put it up and forgot. So are you a legal person.
                          Lol very very far from it x But if you do want someone to come to court with you as moral support I will x

My Hardship Claim
                          Me VS Abbey Win
                          BIL HSBC Credit Card
                          BIL EGG
                          BIL HSBC Loan
                          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Mochamoo

That would be good to have someone there as a bit of support.

Thanks
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Amethist

When do I need to submit the witness statement to the court.

Thanks for your help on the letter.
                            Last edited by swepstone; 23rd September 2009, 22:52:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

around 8th October (14 days before hearing) so should give court a chance to have a look at your letter first
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by swepstone View Post
                                Mochamoo

That would be good to have someone there as a bit of support.

Thanks
                                When you know which date it will be let me know, we can meet for a coffee before hand (or a glass of wine if your nervous lol )

My Hardship Claim
                                Me VS Abbey Win
                                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                                BIL EGG
                                BIL HSBC Loan
                                BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X