• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 75 in process over scrapable used car, but it could get messy..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 75 in process over scrapable used car, but it could get messy..

Hello

The section 75 appears to be going through ok - the CC company have said I have produced all necessary evidence.
    It is not a chargeback case.
    I was called a month ago and informed that the car seller is not going to be chased by the CC co. - they will refund me due to time now passed.

The car is in storage and they have agreed they will pay these costs as part of the claim until refund point.

The car is scrap value due to it's non useable condition - the costs to put it right make repairs not feasible.

If things go well, and after I have received payment from the CC company, the car will no longer be my property.

I did some searching around online about similar scenarios, and it could turn out that the CC co. could choose to not take ownership of the car after refunding, and then it's just sat in storage with future associated fees racking up.
    I just want shot of the headache, and for them to take the car away.
    I'd have to arrange for the car to go to a scrap yard, then if they paid any amount for the car, I'd need to get that money back to the CC co.

If they do choose to do this, what are the steps to cover myself legally please? I read that I'd be an 'Involuntary bailie' but when I looked up what that means, all info relates to landlords with rules and regs I don't understand especially in this scenario.

It would be good to prepare myself hence asking here.
    (It's no use making phone calls, as I did call the section 75 team previously about another matter, but the agents can't help, telling me "Back office deal with the claims, we just help with general questions")

Any info will be appreciated. Thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to LB

If the cc company hasn't confirmed in writing their phone call when you were told they had decided to pay your s75 claim, you should write confirming the call. Before writing you could obtain an on-line quote from a salvage company that picks up the car. In your letter you could mention the quote you received.
    The cc company may reply by letter, or email, agreeing to the quote and confirming that the car should be picked up asap to reduce storage costs.
    The cc company would be entitled to deduct the quote from your claim but may decide not to

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X