• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard Default Registered, pay in full - confused and overwhelmed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Default Registered, pay in full - confused and overwhelmed

I'd really appreciate if anyone can help me. I received a letter from Barclaycard to say a default has been registered on my account and I now need to pay my balance in full.

It says I need to pay my outstanding balance in full, which I can't do. Or that they may be able to offer a reduced payment option if I call them urgently.

I've tried multiple times to log into my account or on the app but it keeps saying there's an error, please try again later. On the letter it says my account has now been closed and passed to Recoveries. Is this why I can't access anything?
    It also said if I don't pay the full outstanding balance, the recoveries team may decide to pass my account to an external debt collection agency.

I'm so scared about all of this and I don't know what to do. I'm not good on the phone but recently I have had trouble with my speech so using the phone is really difficult (an operation I had a while ago). I don't understand a lot with things like this or the terminology used. I'm autistic so I struggle with some things like this and trying to understand the information. I also have ADHD so I know I'm really bad with money and regret ever getting a credit card. I didn't know at the time about the autism or adhd but realising now how I am and how I struggle with things, I'd prefer to avoid in the future. This with paying debt has been a huge worry for years and I've tried to handle it myself. Clearly not very well though. I have a long history with my mental health too and current things are really impacting me a lot. I'm so overwhelmed with it all. I had missed payments or underpaid on some months. The interest kept making it harder and it was never going down much. I think there were a few months of the interest being lower or frozen, I'm not quite sure but can't check anymore.

The letter doesn't say how long I have but If I can't do phonecalls, how else can I contact them about it? I've tried to find an online chat but it said it's on their app, which I can't access anymore. I did fill out an expenses thing a few months ago on there when I had access but it didn't come up with a payment plan, only to contact. I really can't afford to pay in full and I'm so scared about it being passed on. I've kept this to myself and private but I don't know what to do? I apologise if this post doesn't make a lot of sense. I've been trying to research what different things mean but I'm just getting more confused.
    Tags: None

Hi Pentopaper

Welcome to LB

Firstly, try not to worry.

You don't have to speak to them over the phone.

But you should contact them. If you fill in a income and expenditure form (take into account the cost of living) i.e. energy, food etc.

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

Then you can amend and personalize the following letter with your circumstances i.e. health etc.
    Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

A Court will only ever ask you to pay what you can afford each month, so if it's £1 a month, so be it.

It's a non-priority debt.

You have a choice of two letters depending on your circumstances:-

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...tors---letter/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...itor---letter/

Update the thread when you get a response.

Comment

Thank you so much echat11 I really appreciate it!

I did fill in the income and expenditure on their app back in December I think but didn't hear back about it.
      I have managed to call them today though. I didn't have much voice but they said to just take my time. I explained about my health and my mental health and then felt really stupid for crying. The woman was nice and put it on my record and about how I can have difficulty understanding with my autism.

Unfortunately she said it has been passed on to PRA Group. I didn't know who that was but she said not to worry and it often happens and I should have a letter from them to say they have taken over. I haven't had a letter yet so I don't know when it was sent but she said that means they can't do anything on their side because it's in control with the others now. She also said that's why I can't log in anymore.
      She gave me the contact number for them and said when I'm ready to or able, just to call them and explain my situation. I'm not sure what this all involves but I really hope it's ok. I'll take a look at those letter templates too, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by pentopaper View Post
        Thank you so much echat11 I really appreciate it!

I did fill in the income and expenditure on their app back in December I think but didn't hear back about it.
        I have managed to call them today though. I didn't have much voice but they said to just take my time. I explained about my health and my mental health and then felt really stupid for crying. The woman was nice and put it on my record and about how I can have difficulty understanding with my autism.

Unfortunately she said it has been passed on to PRA Group. I didn't know who that was but she said not to worry and it often happens and I should have a letter from them to say they have taken over. I haven't had a letter yet so I don't know when it was sent but she said that means they can't do anything on their side because it's in control with the others now. She also said that's why I can't log in anymore.
        She gave me the contact number for them and said when I'm ready to or able, just to call them and explain my situation. I'm not sure what this all involves but I really hope it's ok. I'll take a look at those letter templates too, thank you
        Again, try not to worry, update the thread when they make contact.
        You are doing the same as advised in post 2.
        PRA are a debt collection agency.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X