• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sainsburys Bank Credit Card Debt Transfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sainsburys Bank Credit Card Debt Transfer

Hello All

Up until a year or so ago I was a Sainsburys Credit Card holder. Recently, I have experienced some financial difficulties, and I defaulted on my payments. I turned to StepChange to get some assistance, and they have been managing monthly payments to Sainsburys on my behalf.

StepChange wrote to me about a month ago to inform me that Sainsburys have been rejecting payments. It appears the debt has been sold to another company. StepChange invited me to get in touch with Sainsburys to confirm who the company is, so they can continue making payments on my behalf.

Since then I've been at a loss. I've been trying to obtain this information to no avail.

I have spoken to Sainsburys customer service teams on a number of occasions over the last month to get the information I need, and each time I've been informed that I've failed security, despite confirming the data they hold on me (including my credit card number, expiry, name, address, dob, credit limit etc). They then sent me a secure code through the post to get me 'back on track' and satisfy their security protocols. The code wasn't recognised, and I'm back to square one. "We'll send you a new code!" they said. Twice. I've received nothing. I've also not received anything from the newly assigned company regarding the debt.

I've just spoken to one of Sainsburys agents again today in complete frustrations, and (at last) they were able to confirm that the debt has indeed been passed to another company, but they can't confirm who it is owing to "limitations within their systems". This now means I can't inform StepChange, and they can't continue making payments on my behalf.

As a consequence of the delays incurred in trying to obtain this information, my credit file has recorded missed payments and this has adversely affected my credit rating, one which I'm desperately trying to rebuild. This is through no fault of my own.

I will be expecting Sainsburys to issue a notice of correction to put this right. I just need the name of the company the debt has been passed to and the address, so I can inform StepChange and continue making payments and progress towards clearing the debt, but I'm getting absolutely nowhere. How hard can it be?

I really don't know what to do next. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, explain what's happened, the stress it's caused you (messed up your credit file) and what you want them to do about it.

Email it to:

James Brown
    Chief Executive Officer
    Sainsburys Bank
    jim.brown1@sainsburysbank.co.uk

Update when they get back to you.

Comment

Thank you very much. I’ve done that. One of their customer relations officers should be getting back to me today. Will update.

Comment

So astonishingly I received a call from Sainsburys to say that the debt has not been passed to anyone. They are still managing it in house. They advised that they've issued a notice of correction regarding my credit file. I've been advised to get in touch with StepChange to ensure payments continue as they have been.

So I've been misinformed at every step. Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by dizco View Post
          So astonishingly I received a call from Sainsburys to say that the debt has not been passed to anyone. They are still managing it in house. They advised that they've issued a notice of correction regarding my credit file. I've been advised to get in touch with StepChange to ensure payments continue as they have been.

So I've been misinformed at every step. Shocking.
          Send a Subject Access Request to Sansbury's Credit Card, Make it a general request, don't tell them why you want the information. Everything they have said to you should be logged as 'notes' on your account. If they have been misinforming you (breaking FCA Rules) and you have evidence, i.e. notes on your account, then you should be compensated for the stress / anxiety (as well as effecting your ability to get credit) they have caused you. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Thank you very much. I did just that, then based on the evidence I already had I filed a complaint. They made an offer of compensation, and after some back and forth I accepted. Would never have thought to make a complaint, so thanks for the advice.

Comment

Well done, glad we've helped.

Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X