• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Home Retails not defaulting account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Retails not defaulting account

Hi gang,
    I opened an Argos Card / Home Retail Group in around September 2017. Managed the account well initially, until mid-2019 when I had a number of life-issues happen at once. This resulted in me going into significant debt with multiple accounts. I wrote to all the companies I held accounts with to advise I was seeking financial advice. Ultimately, the 'best' option was bankruptcy, however I could not afford to do this, and could not (and still cant) afford any level of repayment., After a budget plan was completed, I had around £1.50 per month surplus, available to pay 12 different creditors, who were owed just over £26,000 between them.
    Since then, all of these other accounts have defaulted, except for 2 which were generously written off.
    That is except for the Argos/Home Retail account. Each month, they still post a 'late payment' marker on my account.
    Is there a reason why they havent yet defaulted my account? I am not sure if i want to 'poke the bear' and contact them (and therefore restart the 6-year countdown?)
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X