• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot financial debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabot financial debt

hi i have received a letter from cabot re a debt i have with them. they are saying that unless i take urgent action (1 month) they will pass details onto their solicitor for possible ccj. Is this classsed as a LBA or will the solicitor send that? Also are they legally obliged to send LBA or can they go straight to court without further warning if i dont respond?
    Tags: None

a) i have received a letter from cabot re a debt i have with them. they are saying that unless i take urgent action (1 month) they will pass details onto their solicitor for possible ccj.

There are steps that they need to go through. A CCJ won't 'magical appear', you can defend the claim if you want to. What action do they want you take? i.e. fill in income / expenditure form?

b) Is this classsed as a LBA or will the solicitor send that?

It doesn't sound like an LBA, that would be sent by their solicitors.

c) Also are they legally obliged to send LBA or can they go straight to court without further warning if i dont respond?

Part of CPR is that they send a letter before action, so they won't go to court without further warning.

d) How old is the debt?

Comment

They havent asked me to complete any forms just contact them or register to set up a plan. The debt is a couple of years old. what is a cpr?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
        a) i have received a letter from cabot re a debt i have with them. they are saying that unless i take urgent action (1 month) they will pass details onto their solicitor for possible ccj.

There are steps that they need to go through. A CCJ won't 'magical appear', you can defend the claim if you want to. What action do they want you take? i.e. fill in income / expenditure form?

b) Is this classsed as a LBA or will the solicitor send that?

It doesn't sound like an LBA, that would be sent by their solicitors.

c) Also are they legally obliged to send LBA or can they go straight to court without further warning if i dont respond?

Part of CPR is that they send a letter before action, so they won't go to court without further warning.

d) How old is the debt?
        they have just asked for contact or set up online payment plan. the debt is a couple of years old

Comment

also, i have another debt which i am paying 10 a month to their solicitors but have recieved a letter from them saying that due to a technical legal issue they have been instructed to bring legal proceedings to an end and return the case to the original lender. They say i still owe the debt and they cannot return the debt to the originall lender whilst payments continue so i can either carry on paying them or stop and then set up a payment plan with the original lender. Very confused. what do you think this means please

Comment

Originally posted by sarah2399 View Post
            They havent asked me to complete any forms just contact them or register to set up a plan. The debt is a couple of years old. what is a cpr?
            Civil Procedure Rules - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/civil/rules

If you fill in a income / expenditure form, send it to them, if you can only afford to pay £1 month, then so be it. Remember a Court will only ever ask you to pay what you can afford, if that's £1, so be it.

It's not a priority debt, even more so now because there's a 'Cost of Living Crisis'.

Comment

also, i have another debt which i am paying 10 a month to their solicitors but have recieved a letter from them saying that due to a technical legal issue they have been instructed to bring legal proceedings to an end and return the case to the original lender. They say i still owe the debt and they cannot return the debt to the originall lender whilst payments continue so i can either carry on paying them or stop and then set up a payment plan with the original lender. Very confused. what do you think this means please
              You say you are paying £10 a month to their solicitors, yet you talk about legal proceedings, sorry it does make sense.

Comment

sorry, badly worded. This debt where i am paying 10 a month is a completely serperate case to the first one. a completely different company with a different solicitor. Thought all was sorted with this one until i received this odd letter.

Comment

sorry, badly worded. This debt where i am paying 10 a month is a completely serperate case to the first one. a completely different company with a different solicitor. Thought all was sorted with this one until i received this odd letter.
                  That is strange. But why are you paying solicitors?

Still none the wiser on this, write to them, ask what the 'technical issue' is.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

That is strange. But why are you paying solicitors?

Still none the wiser on this, write to them, ask what the 'technical issue' is.
                    this is a debt, the same as the one with cabot. this one is with lowells who use overdales solicitors and after time passed it onto them. overdales legal limited sent a LBA with the option to set up a payment plan which i did for 10 a month. now i have received this odd letter. Unsure what to do...

Comment

this is a debt, the same as the one with cabot. this one is with lowells who use overdales solicitors and after time passed it onto them. overdales legal limited sent a LBA with the option to set up a payment plan which i did for 10 a month. now i have received this odd letter. Unsure what to do...
                      O.K. do the following, send Overdales and Lowell's a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to provide all the details on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

That will hopefully help you find out what Overdales is up to.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Update when you get the documents. Overdales collect debt, they to the best of my knowledge, don't buy debt.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X