• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old vanquis debt now with Lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old vanquis debt now with Lowells

Hi LBs, I sent a CCA to Lowell's who have eventually replied with a statement of account and credit agreement. The agreement isn't the best to read and it's only one A4 page in size. Whilst I don't mind paying off what the OH owes I do mind paying over the odds with extra charges etc. I was expecting to also see a default notice so I could see what she actually owed before extra charges were put onto the account. Would my next step be to send a SAR to Lowell's as I'm pretty sure from the letter attached to the CCA response suggests they will now go for court action if we don't agree a repayment or ignore them, which we won't. I just want to make sure they don't take any further action pre court or otherwise until I have all the relevant information to make the right decisions. Thanks MM
    Tags: None

Hi, just need some advice. I have 2 debts with a single debt recovery agency under separate reference numbers. One of the reference numbers i have made a payment to, the other i havent. For the one i haven't paid money on im at 5yrs 6months since a payment was last made. If this one hits the 6yr statute barring time limit will it be written off? Or as i have made payment on the other reference number will that stop it from being statute barred?

Comment

Hi Orphus

It will be Statuted Barred after 6 years and won't appear on your credit file. They are two separate debts, with the same DCA.
      Last edited by echat11; 26th June 2021, 06:38:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by orphus View Post
        Hi, just need some advice. I have 2 debts with a single debt recovery agency under separate reference numbers. One of the reference numbers i have made a payment to, the other i havent. For the one i haven't paid money on im at 5yrs 6months since a payment was last made. If this one hits the 6yr statute barring time limit will it be written off? Or as i have made payment on the other reference number will that stop it from being statute barred?
        start your own thread

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter (they have 30 days ) no charge. to vanquis send proof posting and send copy to lowells for info purposes, also give real information on this alledged debt! she must sign the request.

keep copies of everything on file in date order.

also give details such as taken out year, amount? default date. it makes all the difference. area you live in Eng/wales or scotland?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X