• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on a Debt NoA From Lloyds to Idem Servicing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a Debt NoA From Lloyds to Idem Servicing

Hi,

I have a long standing debt accumulated over many years which, due to both physical and mental health issues, I have unfortunately been unable to pay off. It has been under control for several years by making small payments under self negotiated agreements with creditors. However, I have no doubt that I was miss sold PPI on my Lloyds credit card and now want to claim it back before the deadline.

I want to avoid the PPI payment just being used to offset the outstanding debt so that I can much more effectively use it to negotiate F+F settlements with Lloyds and possibly others - hence clearing some of my debts rather than just reducing them.

The Lloyds debt was allegedly assigned to Idem back in 2015 and since then I have only had correspondence from Idem though I never changed the payments so they still go through Lloyds. I want to be as certain as possible that the NoA sent to me is as it seems and not misleading, so that when Lloyds make the pay-out they will not simply use it to partly offset the debt. In other words I want to be certain that Lloyds has no legal right over the debt and no obligation to pay the PPI pay-out to Idem.

Strangely, if I recall correctly, the NoA letters from both Lloyds and Idem came in the same envelope - maybe its common practice but just seems suspicious. I called Lloyds recently and they confirmed that they no longer have rights over the debt as it was sold to Idem back in 2015 - but I don't feel I should just trust them! I have not tried to contact Idem as I am certain they can not be trusted and they will simply start bombarding me again!

My main questions are therefore:

1) Does the agreement appear as it reads with all legal rights and obligations passed to Idem - so that Lloyds no longer have any say or involvement in the debt?

2) If so, is there likely to be any other arrangement whereby Lloyds will pay the PPI to Idem, e.g. part of their agreement at the time of assignment was that Lloyds should pay any future positive customer balance to Idem?

All advice appreciated!

----------

The NoA from Lloyds with my highlights:

Dear XXX

Reference : Credit Card Account No : XXX
    Your new ldem Servicing account number XXX

We are writing to notify you that Lloyds Bank plc has assigned all of its respective rights, title and
    interest
    in respect of the above referenced account (including the outstanding balance) to ldem Capital
    Securities Limited trading as Idem Servicing, effective XXX 2015.

The total balance sold was £XXX, as at the date of sale XXX 2015. Any payments made
    towards your Lloyds Bank plc account after XXX 2015 will be forwarded to Idem Servicing, and will
    be deducted from the balance shown above.

Under the terms of this assignment, and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998, ldem Capital
    Securities Limited is now the Data Controller
    of your Personal Data contained in the records of this
    account.

ldem Servicing will now manage your account and it is essential that all future payments and
    correspondence regarding this account be directed to ldem Servicing at

ldem Servicing
    PO Box 16619
    Solihull B91 9TU

Telephone 0345 849 4170

Please note your existing repayment arrangement will be honoured by ldem Servicing and will be
    reviewed within the agreed timescales.

Yours sincerely

H Singh

Director, Collections and Recoveries

----------

The corresponding letter from Idem with my highlights:

XXX 2015

Your existing Lloyds Bank plc account number : XXX

Your new ldem Servicing account number : XXX

Dear XXX

Welcome to ldem Servicing

We write to inform you that Lloyds Bank plc (the"Bank") has now assigned to Idem Capital Securities
    Limited, trading as ldem Servicing, the outstanding balance under the above-referenced Credit Card
    account, effective from XXX 2015. The total outstanding balance on the account as at that date was
    £XXX.

Under the terms of this assignment and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998, ldem Capital
    Securities Limited is now the Data Controller
    of your personal data contained in the records of this
    account.

We will be contacting your Debt Management Company to advise them of this sale, therefore this letter
    is for your information only. We have allocated a new account number (shown above) which you
    should use in all future contact with us.

Although the Bank has transferred the outstanding balance on your account to ldem Servicing, you can
    still contact the Bank in relation to any complaints you have about the time when it held your account.

Making payments

You, or your Debt Management Company, will need to ensure that your future payments are correctly
    credited to your account.

If you, or your Debt Management Company, pay by debit card, please call us on 0345 849 4170 to
    make your payment.

If you make payments through your bank by bank transfer, standing order or electronic transfer, please
    ensure your payment details are amended to reflect the following

Payee: ldem Servicing
    Sort code: XXX
    Account number: XXX
    Account reference: Your new account number (shown at the top of this letter) and your name

Please remember to quote your new account number and your name to ensure that your payment is
    correctly applied to your account.

If you make your payments by cheque, please make them payable to "ldem Servicing" and send them
    to the following address

Idem Servicing
    PO Box 16619
    Solihull B91 9TU

Please remember to quote your new account number (shown at the top of this letter) and your name on
    the reverse of the cheque to ensure that your payment is correctly applied to your account.

Our opening hours

Idem Servicing's experienced teams will be available Monday to Friday, gam to 5pm on
    0345 849 4170.

Please visit our website www.idemservicing.co.uk for further information.

Yours sincerely

XXX
    Operations Manager
    ldem Servicing

If you have any concerns regarding your financial situation we recommend that you seek free
    impartial advice from citizens advice (please refer to www. citizensadvice. org. uk for details of
    your local office) or Stepchange Debt Charity available on Freephone 0800 138 1111 or
    www. stepchange. org.

Enclosed FAQs

Frequently asked questions

Are LIoyds Bank plc allowed to do this?

Yes, LIoyds Bank plc are permitted to transfer your outstanding balance to a company of their choice at
    any time. Please be assured that your legal rights are not affected.

How does the sale affect me?
    There should be no change in the level of customer service you receive. A new account number has
    been allocated and this is provided on our enclosed letter.

What happens next

Please read our enclosed letter which explains in more detail what's happening with your account and
    any action you may need to take.

What happens if a Debt Management Company is acting on my behalf?

You should continue to work with your Debt Management Company as usual. Please refer to our letter
    which wilt tell you whether you need to pass this notification to them, or whether we've already let them
    know about the transfer.

What happens if a payment has recently been sent to Lloyds Bank plc?

All payments made to Lloyds Bank plc during the transfer process will be forwarded to us and credited
    to your account.

Who do I contact regarding my account?

If you have a Debt Management Company acting on your behalf you should continue to discuss your
    account with them, otherwise please read our enclosed letter which provides our contact details.

What if my account has an agreed payment plan in place?

We will honour any existing payment plan and will contact you or your appointed Debt Management
    Company when this plan is due for review.

How do I raise a SAR (Subject Access Request) request

You have the right to access your personal data (on payment of a fee). Where it is inaccurate or
    incomplete you can update your tile. Should you wish to access your personal data, please write to us
    at ldem Servicing, PO Box 16619, Solihull B91 9TU.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X