• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

THEGOBBYONE V Cap 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me should I use the 'effective rate of interest' or the base rate quoted please....................got confused .............. one is 30.26% the other is 22.01%.the latter sounds like the right one to use................
    Not sure what the difference is but they are both quoted on my terms and conditions........cheers guys

Comment

Gobby I have never done CI so cant help you with this sorry. I thought you got the average from the highest and lowest rates thats all i can say sorry chuck.

Comment

Oh and do I just send same pre lim letter as I sent to halifax???????????????
        Am bloody confuddled ffs

Comment

Thanks Enaid hun at least you looked at replied babe..............mucho gracias
          Just gotta wait for the site genius's to reply now lol

Comment

I think you have to inform them from the beginning if you are claiming CI. We are ok with credit cards anyway, carry on regardless lol.

Comment

Gobby

I don't have the Cap 1 papers with me here, but as i recall there was one rate on the statements of about 18%

The 22% one sounds better to me. How old is the statement with the 2 on?
              Bill says to go for the current one if going for CI. Can't you just post and ask what the current rate is? They closed my account 3 years ago.

Comment

Seeing as they charges everyone a different rate depending on how much they feel they can get away with (I've got 3 different rates on 3 different cards) I applied the latest rate they charged me.

I used the same prelim and lba as the banks but amended it slightly, where it refers to interest, do not put your CI figure in there, add a sentence saying "plus contractual interest at ??% as charged"

Include the CI in your spreadsheets to send with the letters, when you complete your N1 you can give 8% as an alternative to the CI rate.

Comment

Thanks Kafka and Jan..................Let the battle commence :banana: :banana:

Comment

I sent the pre li toay but tweaked it a bit..here is the letter.............
                    Last edited by theGobbyOne; 1st August 2007, 13:29:PM. Reason: my address and personal details in letter

Comment

Re: THEGOBBYONE V Cap 1

Hi peeps'
                      Well crap 1 have credited my account with £158 today.......my claim is for over a grand...........how do I turn it down even though its already on my account???????
                      They say its goodwill and spout OFT crap in letter..........should I now just send LBA even though 14 days are not up yet from date of pre lim????????????

Comment

Send the LBA after your 14 days as normal, they'll just write abck and say theu're sorry you're not happy with their measly refund.

When you do the N1, you can put a minus figure in the spreadsheet at the date they refunded it, that way you don't lose a load of interest

Comment

Right guys I left this one as it was and didnt pursue it any more as I had bigger fish to fry at the time........My question is this...............Is it too late ??????????????

Comment

No of course it isn't.

It's a good time to go and get them.

I suggest that you issue another, updated LBA.

Include all the latest charges, applied since you last communicated with them.

Do you intend to try for compound interest or just for statutory court interest on this claim? I suggest that you ignore all the posts about interest on your thread, they were all written over a year ago, some are not actually correct statements and others were correct statements at the time but have been superceded by more recent developments.

We can sort out the £158 which they forced upon you as part of your LBA, unless of course you actually did sort that at the time.

Let me know if you need any assistance on this claim Gobby, I would be pleased to help.

Rgds Budgie
                            Budgie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X