• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Collectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt Collectors

Lol making good use of the "Word of the Day" I see

All good evidence if they start action..

Comment

Received this little cracker yesterday - note its dated 9th April 2009!!!!

Comment

LOL complete idiots.
        I like the last line where they say there will be no further intimidation

So I bet they pass this lower down the food change next ..

Comment

All these DCA's are so predicable arn't they.

Comment

Am going to send this to them just so they cannot say I never wrote

Sent by Recorded Delivery

Miss D Kerr
            Allied International Credit Limited
            Anderston House
            389 Argyle Street
            Glasgow
            G2 8LR

Dear Miss Kerr

Re: RBS Card Services
            Your reference: xxxxxxxxxxxx

I refer to your threatening letter dated 9th April 2009, which I received yesterday, 6th May 2009!!

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why you continue to send me threatening letters as I have been making payments on this account directly to Mint Credit Card, and have written correspondence directly to Mint, therefore I insist that you stop writing letters to me!

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by sapphire View Post
            All these DCA's are so predicable arn't they.
            Absolutely, soooo boring too!
            Last edited by Birdie; 7th May 2009, 12:36:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'd add this.

Continued pursuit in this manner will result in litigation being taken against your company under the Protection from Harassment Act citing Ferguson V British Gas (2009).

Comment

Thank you - burger I'd better open the envelope up then and redo it!

xxxxxx

Comment

Please see Post 45 above - the letter I sent to Mint.

I've now had a response to it, pretty much similar to the letter received in Feb 2009.

They want me to deal with AIG - I really do not know where to go from here, but do know I don't want to deal with a blooming DCA and pay them!

Any ideas please - I now have no idea as to whether AIG have purchased the debt, so yes LOP comes into it, but just not sure of the correct wording to use.

Many thanks

Comment

No... if AIC had purchased the debt, Mint would have returned your payments - as it is they continue to reduce the balance as you make payments.

I would write back to them (completely ignoring their instructions to deal with AIC) and simply state that you continue to make payments as much as you can and would be grateful of their patience until your financial situation improves.

Cheers

Tom
                    I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
                    Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneLaughter View Post
                      No... if AIC had purchased the debt, Mint would have returned your payments - as it is they continue to reduce the balance as you make payments.

I would write back to them (completely ignoring their instructions to deal with AIC) and simply state that you continue to make payments as much as you can and would be grateful of their patience until your financial situation improves.

Cheers
                      Sorry, I had missed the above message. I have not made any payments since April. - I have received these two letters in the last week - from a different DCA, ie Fredrickson International. The second letter is a Letter Before Action demanding full payment which I cannot afford to make.

I really don't know where to go with this now - please could someone advise?
                      :help:

Many thanks

Comment

Hi Birdie

Have a read of this Debt Collectors - Page 3 - Legal Beagles it will help you get through this.

Comment

Thanks Saffy.

But.... what should I be doing about the LBA?

xx

Comment

t LBA, as it fails to comply with pre-action prots

Anyway, you'll probably receive a missive from Mr C shortly.

Let me have a further look on this one, especially the "agreement"..
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Just reading back, I see this has already done the rounds on the DCA front.
                            I'd simple file anything from Fred/MrC until they can be bother to actually say something of merit.

Are you still paying Mint the £1 a month ?
                            Last edited by Curlyben; 1st August 2009, 08:24:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

No, was paying them £10 a month, then have not been able to afford this last 3 months. I'll pay it as soon as I can, likely though will be mid August due to lack of funds, backdate it to May then send Mint a letter ........ again.
                              Last edited by Birdie; 12th August 2009, 15:52:PM.

Comment

Remember until LoP s136 is complied with this debt is STILL with the OC.
                                The DCA's may huff and puff, but without the assignment they are completely burgered
                                Just think Weightmans and GA..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X