• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Returning a telephone sale of a mobile, but still being charged for it and DEFAULT !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning a telephone sale of a mobile, but still being charged for it and DEFAULT !!

Posted on behalf of new user:

Ref.: Consumer Rights: Returning a telephone sale of a mobile, but still being charged for it!

Please help.

In applying for a mortgage, to my shock I found a default note had placed in my credit reports by Orange /EE. Although years ago Aug 2008), this had been a situation where I took a mobile via a telesales promotion. I received the product, a Blackberry, but returned it promptly because it was not suited to my needs (having been assured by the telesales person, this was quite within my rights before two weeks or so after the sale). However, months after returning the phone, Orange kept charging me. They charged me four months of contract before they got the message that I had returned the phone, never having used it! I fused to pay, but gave in in order to stop the harassment. Total bill to me £163. I wonder now why I paid at all, and much importantly, how do I get Orange to see their wrong doing and for now retract the default note?

I've sent an email or two plus a letter which has not ben replied to. Their return emails spout a one-sided, half answered message about "mobile phone agreement not regulated under the Consumer Credit Act…..". In countering their emails, I am informed that I must wait unto another week for a reply. These replies, by the same robot-like person, come exactly a week later. Help, why am I going through this hell for something I never consumed!

BB
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Returning a telephone sale of a mobile, but still being charged for it and DEFAUL

Call EE and tell them that you had a valid 14 day cease on the distance selling laws of the uk.

request a refund of the funds as there was a 14 day cease and the amount for the rental was not owed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X