• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt collection demanding money over an old Lloyds bank overdraft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt collection demanding money over an old Lloyds bank overdraft.

Hi Guys, I'm looking for advice regarding an old bank overdraft.
    I had a Lloyds bank account that I stopped using in 2008 after I was made bankrupt. This was a joint account with my wife. Up until 2008/9 I was using the overdraft to pay off debts. The bank was told of my bankruptcy and I was removed from the account. I must make a point of saying that neither my wife or myself used this account after the bankruptcy hearing. After handing over my cheque book, credit card ect. to the insolvency office we assumed the account was closed down. Today almost five and a half years later my wife received a letter from a debt collection agency demanding that she pays the overdraft debt.
    Since 2008/9 we have never received any correspondence from the bank, no bank statements, no letters demanding that the overdraft be paid off nothing at all. The letter that arrived today is the first letter relating to the bank account since 2008/9.
    We spoke to the debt collection agency today and they were very evasive on the telephone. They said that they had spoken to my wife in 2009 about this debt and she told them that this was simply untrue. They also said that they had sent solicitors letters to us over the years. This is simply not true and we asked for proof of this.
    I guess my question is; where does my wife stand in all of this?
    We are now both very worried and are unsure where we stand. Help.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X