• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not too Sure on this Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too Sure on this Default

Hiya,

Basically I had a CC with Natwest Amount was £650 Limit I had it for 4-5 Months, then I shattered my Ankle and was on SSP for 5-6 Months. Work being lame they wouldn't pay me and I had a £900 a month Apartment. but only received quarter of that on SSP. I digress...

I spent probably £500 on this card, and then Looking at my Credit file made a payment or two on the account the whole time and then defaulted, (on my file it shows 1 Month Late, 2 Months Late Arrangement to pay and then default)
    I remember neither of these, Default being reported to me and arrangement to pay.

With Exception to E-on being idiots with me, this is the only debt I have and it will drop of In November this year which is brill.

My question to you lovely people is, Do I query this account? Firstly, where was the default letter, Was I covered by insurance for the period i was in hospital and not working? can I claim PPI back on this?

that is option 1, Option 2 would be Leave it well alone and let it drop off.

I also have never been chased by them for the debt and I hold a day to day account with them....

Any advice will be appreciated no matter how hard to swallow, I want a mortgage soon and I am earning ood money these days so want to to get rid of this so I can actually get finance on a car etc etc if i need to.
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~
    Tags: None

Re: Not too Sure on this Default

Originally posted by PocketTheDifference View Post
    Hiya,

Basically I had a CC with Natwest Amount was £650 Limit I had it for 4-5 Months, then I shattered my Ankle and was on SSP for 5-6 Months. Work being lame they wouldn't pay me and I had a £900 a month Apartment. but only received quarter of that on SSP. I digress...

I spent probably £500 on this card, and then Looking at my Credit file made a payment or two on the account the whole time and then defaulted, (on my file it shows 1 Month Late, 2 Months Late Arrangement to pay and then default)
    I remember neither of these, Default being reported to me and arrangement to pay.

With Exception to E-on being idiots with me, this is the only debt I have and it will drop of In November this year which is brill.

My question to you lovely people is, Do I query this account? Firstly, where was the default letter,
    What would you like to query? The default will drop off in a few months and, by the sounds of it, the date appears correct, since, from what you say above, they defaulted you in 3 months. They should have sent you a default notice at the time, you may or may not have received, however, that would only really come into play if they were taking you to court before it becomes SBd, presumably in the next few months... :noidea:

Was I covered by insurance for the period i was in hospital and not working? can I claim PPI back on this?
    If you had PPI and it was no use to you then you could reclaim, however, a PPI reclaim could be construed as acknowledging the debt and, if you haven't paid anything in several years, you don't want to be resetting the clock at this stage! :scared:
    I also have never been chased by them for the debt and I hold a day to day account with them....
    If you have never been chased, I'd just let sleeping dogs snooze away...

If you have an account with them, they could offset against it. :scared: If you reclaimed PPI, any redress would likely also be offset against the debt, so why open a can of worms? :nono:

Any advice will be appreciated no matter how hard to swallow, I want a mortgage soon and I am earning ood money these days so want to to get rid of this so I can actually get finance on a car etc etc if i need to.
    So why not just wait till November and save up for the deposit in the meantime? :thumb:

Comment

Re: Not too Sure on this Default

Thanks FP -

It is the kind of answer I expected, but it has put my mind at ease, just have the few months to wait and it will hopefully just drop off.
      Happy knowoing I can just let it drop off.
      ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X