• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HBOS Credit Card Default Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBOS Credit Card Default Removal

Hi all,

looking for some advice RE trying to get a default removed from my credit file. I got a HBOS credit card when I was 18 (4 years ago-big regret now!!:tinysmile_cry_t because I paid any balance off in full, within 12 months they increased my credit limit from £1600 to £4600. I did increase the balance on the card as I moved out of parents and continued to pay well above the minimum monthly payment.
    In September 2011, I was unexpectedly made redundant... 2 months after just buying my first home and taking mortgage out with Halifax. I called BOS card services and advised of my situation and that paying my new mortgage was my priority. After going through I&E we arranged a payment plan which I kept to. In January 2012 I got a letter from Moorcroft Group debt collectors saying they were taking over this account as I had defaulted. I'm sure I did receive default letter but to be honest I was so naive I didn't even really understand what it was/the impact it would have.
    I contacted Moorcroft and set up an arrangement which I have stuck to and have just started paying even more towards.
    Is there anyway I can try to appeal this default with HBOS due to the following:
    - Personal situation was explained to them that my priority was to pay the new mortgage with the same company. I stuck to this arrangement and wasn't aware that I would get some threatening letter from a debt collection company and would default- I thought I made an arrangement with HBOS and stuck to it so didn't see what the issue was
    -irresponsible and unethical lending- they gave an 18 year old a massive credit limit without reassessing income etc, I accept I spend on the card but the payments became unmanageable due to redundancy
    - the debt is apparently with this Moorcroft Group but it still shows on my HBOS online banking and I can still make payments to it through this.
    -all other credit is great, pay everything on time but this 1 default has made my credit file awful and is stopping me from progressing financially and personally

Any further info please let me know... Any assistance is much appreciated!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X