• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA Loan/ getting default removed/ All SAR info received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA Loan/ getting default removed/ All SAR info received

Hello all,

I really need some advice/ help as I am at the stage that I need to write a strongly worded letter to MBNA to get a default removed.

The background is that In March 2011 I went to Benfield Ford to change my car and they applied for credit through Santander. The credit application was rejected which was very surprising as I though I had a pretty good credit history.

I went home, got an Equifax credit report which said that I had defaulted on a loan through MBNA which was news to be as I was unaware that I had a loan though them.

Having now got all the SAR information from MBNA the timeline is as follows:

Feb 2007 - Took out a £4000 loan with MBNA to pay off £3336 off an MBNA credit card leaving a small balance.

After a 3 month payment holiday I then paid 9 x £120 payments towards the loan up until March 2008.

On 21st Feb 2008 I called to get a settlement figure for the loan and then on 20th March 2008 I paid £3,300 to MBNA and I thought that was the loan account closed.

On 19th March 2008 I called the MBNA credit card dept to close this account and they refunded a small credit card balance.

In March 2011 I went to Benfield Ford to change my car and they applied for credit through Santander - the credit application was rejected.

I went home and got an Equifax credit report which said that I had defaulted on a MBNA loan.

What had happened was that in March 2008 I paid off the loan with £3300 but I had under paid by £452 as the figure was actually £3752 (this figure isn't specified in my notes anywhere). MBNA used the £3300 to pay the loan amount (£120) per month until it ran out in June 2010, at which point I eventually defaulted on the loan. I had canceled the direct debit in 2008 and since moved address etc so Mbna were unable to contact me.

On the same day in March 2011 when I found this out, I paid the £680.43 loan balance in full and subsequently Santander reversed there decision and I got the new loan for the car.

I did have a stab at getting the default reversed in 2011 but it was all over the phone and I didn't get very far. But now I am determined to sort it out as I feel the default is both unfair and unjust.

It is worth noting that in the SAR information there is no evidence of letters being sent to me to say that I missed payments or that there was a balance due. The loan terms say that I may make a part payment but I need to leave a balance of at least £1,000. Despite this, they say that I left a balance of £452.

A further issue is that MBNA rather than me benefited from the interest accrued on the £3300 lump sum paid in March 2008.

I recieved nothing from MBNA to say that my interest/ payment amount was recalculated after the £3300 was received.

I feel I have a good case and I want to send a letter to MBNA to have the default reversed. Please can you let me have any advice/thoughts.
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA Loan/ getting default removed/ All SAR info received

Well sadly the default recorded against you with the CRAs is accurate. You did in fact default on the loan, whether by mistake or design. You will face an uphill struggle overturning MBNAs decision.
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X