• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I won my case but what next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won my case but what next.

I took at a claim against a bank with damages of £1,200 for wrongful default plus damages. I felt that this was a bit low but did not want to seem to be exaggerating the claim. The claim includes pain, suffering and inconvenience caused. The bank imedidatly filed an acknowledgment of service giving them 28 days.

However they apeare to have had no intention of defending this and have not replied to either me or the courts. I have decided to request from the courts an increase in this amount to £2,000. I never supplied the evidence originaly as this was to be supplied if they wanted to defend this.

I feel that I should send the courts the evidence with my updated copy of form N1 to build up my case for an increase. Should I/can I do this?

If this is granted what do I put on the next N1 form to the bank. They have not defended it so this form should only contain an argument for an increase as they did not seek to defend it originaly. There is only so much I can write on the form but they can’t be allowed a second chance to defend this and seek another acknowledgment of service to look into my claim again can they?

Any help on this last part of my complaint against the bank?
    Tags: None

Re: I won my case but what next.

Personally, I would be inclined to go with the original claim. If they defend, then you can go for increased costs.

Comment

Re: I won my case but what next.

Ok thanks for your advice. I do have a water tight case which is why after 28 days they have not bothered to continue with it. I thought under thouse conditions they would have no choice but to pay the increased amount as they had already lost the case. I forgot to mention that proir to the case they had (very limitedly) admited some wron doing. But maybe I should stick with this. The newspapers could be interested.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X