• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander - naughty!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander - naughty!

Top marks to Santander -

They wrote to me this week enclosing a hard copy of their email response to my request they correct the dates on a default (they refused, and actually re registered it from a date later than they originally had!)

However, in their response they also enclosed account data that they obviously thought was relevant but in fact was for somebody else's account entirely (wrong surname, wrong email, wrong GENDER!) :crazy: so as my complaint is already being dealt with by the ICO I will have to follow the ICO's rules and pass them ALL correspondence that Santander have sent me

In addition, I shall be emailing the lady in questions to suggest she makes a complaint to Santander for their willful negligence in handling her very personal data.
    Tags: None

Re: Santander - naughty!

Nice one! I wonder if Santander know how much the ICO can fine them for data protection blunders? They probably do. but hope the ICO overlooks it. I don't think so. The maximum fine is £500,000 which would come out of their pre-tax profits.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X