• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrongful Defaults on Credit Reports

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongful Defaults on Credit Reports

Some of you may have followed my sisters long running credit reference damage case against Lloyds. This case has rumbled on for 2 years and is now finally nearly complete. I have been heavily involved in assisting my sister with her case.

During this time I have become somewhat obsessed by the epidemic of wrongful defaults being issued by lenders, utilities providers, telecoms companies and even debt collection agencies. We are now seeing multiple defaults on the same account, often years apart, meaning that the credit file damage could last for 12 years.

I struggle to comprehend why defaults cause the same damage as a County Court Judgment (CCJ) yet can be applied without any checks being made into their validity
    I personally believe defaults should expire after 1-3 years. They should only be applied by the original creditor ONCE. Telecoms and Utilities SHOULD send you some form of default notice to give you a fair chance to rectify the situation.

In my sisters Lloyds case, complexities arose after she filed the claim and in April 2012, Watsons Solicitors (www.watsonssolicitors.co.uk) took the case on ‘no win no fee’. This was hugely reassuring as it meant we had professional back up throughout but were able to still help manage the direction the case was taking.

As a result of many discussions and debates with Watsons on the subject of Credit rating damages, I have been offered a training position with Watsons, working initially as a Paralegal, specializing in these unique credit reference agensy (“CRA”) cases.

I am very excited about this development, as it will enable me to work towards changing the very negatively sloping field of play we currently have as well as continuing my work on general consumer issues on Legal Beagles.

Aside from Durkin and Kpohraror, we have very little useful case law to reinforce these claims against lenders for wrongful damage to a credit file. With the backing and support of Watsons, I can work on selected cases to build a set of useful precedents to make the pathway clearer and easier for consumers.
    Watsons are also the only firm I know of, who are working exclusively for consumers, the vast majority of their cases are defending clients threatened with court proceedings, bankruptcy and repossession. Some of their work is done on a No Win No Fee basis. At present their entire caseload is being managed by a small dedicated team and they are in huge demand, especially with cases like Harrison v Link behind them.

Here are a few more:
    Arrow v Devlin
    HSBC v Crake
    HSBC v Carter
    HSBC v Barnett
    HFO v Morgan
    HFO v Cunningham
    HFO v Filby
    HFO v Samuels
    HFO v Wegmuller
    Link Financial v Opie
    Phoenix v Kotecha

It is a real shame that there simply are not more firms offering such services. But to be fair, consumer law is very specialized and it is often beyond the comprehension of most high street solicitors.

So, working with Watsons, I hope to develop this area of law regarding credit reference agencies, as I am keenly aware that this is a growing problem and prevents people from accessing affordable lending. These defaults feed the sub prime market and payday lenders.

My employment with Watsons Solicitors is independent of the forum but will benefit Legal Beagles as it will enable me to work within a fascinating and important field alongside my voluntary work for LB.

Watsons will not fund Legal Beagles in any way, nor will they affect our policies or independence. My work with Watsons will allow me to work much more extensively on the Legal Beagles site, becoming even more immersed in the vital developments in Consumer Law and I sincerely hope this will enable the forum to progress even more fully.

If you have been wrongfully defaulted, please start a thread in this forum and I will take a look and advise you on the best approach to take to rectify the damage to your credit file.

Last edited by Celestine; 29th November 2012, 12:38:PM.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X