• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !! Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court judgment 26/03/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Richard Durkin supreme court help needed

I have been on my hols, so I only got back to this tonight.

With Andrew Smith onboard you have a very formidable gentleman. If he is working pro-bono then there must be some very compelling facts (some of which you have highlighted) that leads him to believe there is a case to be answered.

http://www.compasschambers.com/advocates-cv.asp?id=9

Looks like Davyb has spotted the issue very accurately again.

You have a good team here.
    'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
    depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

Fraudulently processed false account.

Here's the single "contract", fraudulently processed to create the false account

Rico.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Amethyst; 17th January 2014, 09:11:AM. Reason: edited

Comment

Rico,

Is the case funded yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Magrew View Post
          Rico,

Is the case funded yet?
          No. Papers due to be printed next month if I can get funds/credit (pretty difficult with a default!)

If we get them printed OK, there's still the court fee to overcome.

So no. Very frustrating being wrongfully blacklisted and not being able to borrow more money to get off it!

Rico.

Comment

I wish I had the money in my back pocket.

I know this may be a ridiculous question but sometimes it pays to ask the "daft laddie" question. Do you have any legal cover on your home insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by Magrew View Post
              I wish I had the money in my back pocket.

I know this may be a ridiculous question but sometimes it pays to ask the "daft laddie" question. Do you have any legal cover on your home insurance?
              No. Wasn't an option in 1996. Do now but it doesn't cover issues dating back to the previous century.

It seems I'll just have to hope that Frances can arrange some sort of credit with the printers directly and that the court can be persuaded to allow an exemption. I'll ask the MP if he can assist. He hasn't been much use to date.

Cheers,

Rico.

Comment

Phew, an incredible sequence of events I have just read through. I had no prior knowledge of any of this. The plain daftness is PC World could and should have refunded the money received from HFC through the agreement as they benefited from receiving the cash without actually parting with the goods. Do they still hold that money ? I can see HFC have an arguement because they would say a contract exists, which under the definition of a contract is that it is equal on both sides (they paid out money and will receive payments + interest). PC World however have an 'unequal contract' , having received money and not parted with any goods, as does Rico , paying for something he has not received.

I wonder why PC World didn't immediately refund the money from HFC straight away knowing the goods had been returned, under prior agreement ? isn't that where the fault lies ?

I'm no expert at all, but why isn't D suing PC World . If this had been paid for by credit card, you can be sure PC World would be chased for a refund by the Credit card Company.

Comment

PC World act as HFC agents to defraud and blackmail the public. They're both being sued but it's HFC that are still trying to buy themselves off the hook.

Comment

Currys & PC World chap tried to tell me it was the Law to Explain to O.H. that extra insurance for a laptop may be needed. Rubbish I said.

Comment

Tell me to go away if I am poking my nose in but reading Ricos agreement I would say that he should consider this also if he hasn't allready. On the figures shown on the agreement he should have been paying £51.75. If the deal had gone through. Don't forget I ramble a lot and a lot of what I say should be taken with a pinch of salt
                      Sparkie
                      Loan Amount £1,449.00
                      Monthly payment £54.37
                      No of months 48

Gives an APR of 32.58% in my calculations

The tolerance allowable for an APR is 0.1%.
                      Its my view that the APR is misstated and the agreement would be/should be Declared Void under Regina V Kettering Magistrates Court and a criminal offence
                      4 Apr 2000
                      Admn
                      Schiemann LJ, Douglas Brown J
                      Consumer, Crime, Financial Services 1 Cites
                      A statement of an APR in the sale of a financial services product remained a price indication, and, if it was miscalculated, that was a misleading price indication, and criminal, despite provisions in the Consumer Credit legislation. What was given was a price under the contract: "The total amount payable under the contract which can properly be described as the price, should be arrived at by reference to the APR.
                      Last edited by Sparkie1723; 29th September 2012, 20:37:PM.

Comment

Hi

Yes that caught my eye also, however i think the PPI segment of the repayments mentioned in the contract accounts for the apparent discrepancy.

D

Comment

Originally posted by davyb View Post
                          PPI segment of the repayments.
                          Proof that the PPI scam dates back to the previous century.

Even more blatant fraud though in processing this contract without a sale.

Comment

Funding secured. Law Society trust fund was the right answer.

Thanks for your help. Expect some good news next year.

Rico

Comment

Excellent news.

Good luck.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
                                Funding secured. Law Society trust fund was the right answer.

Thanks for your help. Expect some good news next year.

Rico
                                Brilliant Rico..........Here's Hoping......your Appeal will most definately help me in my appeal I hope to be making.....

Sparkie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X