• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !! Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court judgment 26/03/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court hearing 28th January 2014

So, in theory at least....1 week to go?

When should we expect to see a listing for the handing down?

Comment

They usually tweet Thursday before IIRC.

M1

Comment

They usually list the hand down date about a week before.

http://supremecourt.uk/news/future-judgments.html

But the parties will get draft judgments a week or so before they list the date, which I'm sure we'll get wind of. So I think hand down must be at least a couple of weeks away.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
            Lol.

You remind me of the boy in the John Lewis Christmas ad.

Comment

Yep,

there's a list of 2 judgments due to be handed down on 12th March an Durkin isnt in them, so I guess we've got to wait a while

Comment

According to the Judge's Support Team at SC the judgment and the ''various opinions'' of the judges has yet to be finalised and they're quoting ''at least 3 or 4 weeks'' yet.

Comment

'Various opinions' sounds interesting.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I wish I hadn't of said that now but that's what she said. I don't think we should read anything into it in terms of the overall outcome. Rather it's each judge commenting on a particular aspect of the case/judgment as with OFT v Abbey.

Comment

Be interesting to see what happens with this.

May be that the Judges will thrash out their arguments and some will change their minds.

Comment

Judgement next Wednesday!

https://twitter.com/UKSupremeCourt/s...36147478110208

Comment

Here's hoping (with fingers and toes crossed) for a good result for Richard (and the rest of us!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifa42 View Post
                            Yes,

http://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/case_2012_0135.html

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                              Here's hoping (with fingers and toes crossed) for a good result for Richard (and the rest of us!)
                              Absolutely agree ncf355.........it it is made in Richards favour . I think it could bode well for our Appeal....as it will be a real pointer as to what the level of damages are to be claimed for a wrongfull default on a consumers credit file........which is one of our appeal issues.
                              Sparkie

Comment

Whole of everything double triple crossed that this is a sensible, common sense result for the consumer and that if Richard does win it's reported properly and not bandied about as 'the next lucrative CMC market' or any such b*llhooks.

For Richard, I really hope he gets the redress that is owed to him because the knock on effects of DSG Retails action's have been utterly horrendous.
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X