• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP Letter

Hello everybody.

In mid-November, while I was walking out of a Primark, I was stopped by security because I had some £2 Barbie socks under my armpit. Being in a hurry to catch my train, I totally forgot they were there. I was brought to the security office, where I was asked to present my ID in order to provide my personal information. When they questioned me about what had happened, I told them it was an honest error and that I would be glad to cover the costs. I was told that although I couldn't today, I could come back tomorrow. "Just be careful next time," they urged as they left me on my way.

Of course, I find a letter from RLP when I got home today. Considering that several of the threads posted here advised ignoring it, I think the main reason I'm posting this is to reassure myself. No police were involved, I wasn't banned from the store and now I'm being demanded to pay £175... all over Barbie socks.
    Tags: None

Well I hope you caught your train, and of course you should ignore their extortionate demand.

You can expect a number of letters from RLP,(which you may ignore) and when they get really desperate they might even arrange for a debt collector to write to you (and you may ignore their letters as well)
    It does help keeping Royal Mail in business.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Well I hope you caught your train, and of course you should ignore their extortionate demand.

You can expect a number of letters from RLP,(which you may ignore) and when they get really desperate they might even arrange for a debt collector to write to you (and you may ignore their letters as well)
      It does help keeping Royal Mail in business.
      Haha, I did not unfortunately. Was too busy being put on the Barbie fugitive most wanted list.

Thank you for your reassurance DES8. I appreciate it. They must be pretty desperate for money since they posted the letter second class mail.

Comment

Second letter arrived today.

Comment

If you want you could read their letters in advance of receiving them: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf

Comment

des8 I appreciate your help. Thank you. I was expecting it but just usual gibberish and threats.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X