• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin Defaults While Disputing Amount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Defaults While Disputing Amount

Hi there,

I've had quite the run round by Virgin I am looking for a bit of advice for.

Basically in 2020 I moved house but prior to moving I checked Virgins website if services in existed and could I transfer my internet. The website indicated I could however when I called to do the transfer Virgin said they offer no services at all.

I lodged a dispute on this cancelation fee and while waiting and following up on a resolution I eventually was told I'd need to pay the disputed amount and be refunded later. When I tried do this I was informed the file was with BPO and I would need to deal with them. I ended up chasing them only to find out Virgin had requested my file back (at this point I assumed my dispute was successful) and I wasn't able to successfully pay because of this.

Long story short I eventually was rounded back to Virgin and paid the bill (still no dispute resolution) however what I didn't know in the background Virgin had me defaulted on Experion. I am sense checking here but I believe I have a case to have this changed as I have been engaged with Virgin chasing their own internal process on complaints this whole time and at no stage did I refuse to pay/default. Am I correct in this assumption as I believe this is extremely misleading on their part?
    Tags: None

Hi Seamo

I don't suppose you took any screenshots of their website telling you that the services are available in your new location?

Send Virgin a SAR letter, they have 30 days to provide you with all the Data on your account. The template is on the right hand side of your screen.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened in detail (with dates, long story), how it's affected you and what you want them to do (refund the cancellation charges and remove the default). If they fail to resolve the matter, make a complaint to the Services Ombudsman (won't cost you anything).

Email your letter to:

Ms. Rachel Barrass
    Director of Customer Services
    Virgin Media O2

rachel.barrass@virginmedia.co.uk

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Comment

Hi ECHAT11,

Yea I have screenshots. It's very frustrating as because even at the time Virgin on the phone acknowledged this as a mistake. Thanks very much for the advice. As an update today, Virgin has offered me a £50 refund against the cancellation fee. I am not 100% sure but surely this is an acknowledgement that the original bill was incorrect and my dispute valid so therefore this default should be removed as I was clearly right in the first place? I have not accepted the refund just yet because I want to make sure it includes removing this default against my name too.

Comment

Originally posted by seamo View Post
        Hi ECHAT11,

Yea I have screenshots. It's very frustrating as because even at the time Virgin on the phone acknowledged this as a mistake. Thanks very much for the advice. As an update today, Virgin has offered me a £50 refund against the cancellation fee. I am not 100% sure but surely this is an acknowledgement that the original bill was incorrect and my dispute valid so therefore this default should be removed as I was clearly right in the first place? I have not accepted the refund just yet because I want to make sure it includes removing this default against my name too.
        It's up to you, but I'd be demanding all cancellation charges back and removal of the default. You might need to 'bat' emails with the Customer Services, but explain that you will lodge a complaint with the Services Ombudsman if you have to.

Comment

Hi Echat11,

Thanks for this. My frustration with them has hit new heights today. Got on a call with them just there again because they never called me back like they said they would and they told me I was never offered a refund today (which I told her that is not true a lady called ABC informed me at 11am today I would be refunded and the default removed). They also told me that my complaint from 12 months ago didn't exist either even though I have been told already on multiple different calls "there was no update". I feel so frustrated by them and have requested all recordings and data about me be sent out as it's pretty clear they have not been giving me truthful answers or been acting in good faith for my account. Beyond emailing their director is there anything I can be doing in the mean time as I feel like they are just giving me the run round on these calls?

Comment

Contact CAB / Trading Standards explain the whole situation. They will give you a reference number. Then send a Formal Letter of Complaint to the CEO, on the letter make sure you write 'CAB / Trading Standards Ref: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'

Email it to:

Lutz Schuler
            Chief Executive
            Virgin Media

lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk

No doubt his executive team will respond.

Comment

You've discovered how good Virgin Media service is. I had similar problems when I, as executor, tried to close the account of the person that had died. They insisted that they needed to talk to the account holder before they could discuss things with me. and that was not the only problem.!

Comment

I can't rightly remember, but I'm sure their T's & C's states that if you move and they haven't got a service in your new location, then the cancellation charges are cancelled. But this was some years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by seamo View Post
                  Hi Echat11,

Thanks for this. My frustration with them has hit new heights today. Got on a call with them just there again because they never called me back like they said they would and they told me I was never offered a refund today (which I told her that is not true a lady called ABC informed me at 11am today I would be refunded and the default removed). They also told me that my complaint from 12 months ago didn't exist either even though I have been told already on multiple different calls "there was no update". I feel so frustrated by them and have requested all recordings and data about me be sent out as it's pretty clear they have not been giving me truthful answers or been acting in good faith for my account. Beyond emailing their director is there anything I can be doing in the mean time as I feel like they are just giving me the run round on these calls?
                  Three years on and they are doing the same thing with us. Being passed around from pillar to post. Asking about a account we thought had been closed fairly as we had moved house to an area they do not support .I had asked very specifically when their sales agent called to upgrade our package that we were considering moving, would there be a fee if we had to cancel. NO was the reply, as a valued media and mobile customer (x3mobiles) for 10 years plus, they would not apply any fees.

But when they did and we objected they simply ignored everything we asked for including the sales call reciording or transcript. After going back and forth we were contacted by their collections agency Oriel. We told them we were disputing the fee. All went quiet and now we find out they registered a deafult agaisnt us two years ago! And I'm back on their merry go round of web chat and calls from Manilla.

ARGHHHHH

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Comment

Hi mancinbrum would be best to start a new thread with your request as members will miss this in an old one

Comment

Thank you I'm new to this forum.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X