• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

incorrect default Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incorrect default Date

Hi Every one

please can any give me advise

i am asking HSBC to backdate the default date for personnel loan
    stopped the payment on 8th July-2014
    default notice received on 8th October 2014
    default report to CRA's on19 April 2016(they closed the account)

HSBC reply to me- please can any one advice me- this can challenged according ICO principle 4 of reporting

Dear Mr xxxxxx,
    Case Ref: xxxxx
    Thanks for getting in touch about the information we've shared with the Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs), regarding when your Personal Loan ending 5936 defaulted. I’ve looked into things for you and this email summarises the findings of my investigation.
    You've told us that you believe the date of the default has been reported incorrectly, as you feel it should be October 2014 and not April 2016. This is due to the date of the default notice we issued to you on 8 October 2014. You've asked us to correct this.
    A default will be recorded with the CRAs when we've issued a final demand notice to you and this isn't satisfied. The account would then be closed, and the balance passed to HSBC Repayment Services and a default will be recorded at that time.
    I can see that although we sent a default notice to you on 8 October 2014, asking you to repay the overdue amount of £839.40 by 29 October 2014, our final demand wasn't issued to you until 24 March 2016. This asked you to repay the balance of the loan, £xxxxx within 18 days of the date on the letter. I've attached a copy of this letter for your records.
    Unfortunately, the final demand wasn't satisfied within the timescale on the letter and we closed your account on 19 April 2016 and the balance of the account was passed to HSBC Repayment Services. The default was recorded with the CRAs when this happened.
    Taking this into consideration, the default date has been recorded correctly and I'm unable to ask for this to be changed. I know this isn't the response you were hoping for and I'm sorry if there's been any misunderstanding on this occasion.
    I hope this resolves the situation for you, but if you later decide you are not happy with the outcome, please reply directly to my email.

Thanks
    Ram
    Tags: None

Odd response. I went through a very similar situation a few years ago with NatWest. They corrected the date (by 2 years) and paid me £300 compensation.

Comment

Please Guide me ,how to proceed further.

Comment

Well, working from memory, I wrote directly data controller and complained. That did the trick for me, which is wht Iused the phrase 'odd response'.

Comment

Hi@GoodOldBoy, i replied to HSBC using ICO Principle 4, which i acquired this knowledge in this forum, with in a day HSBC replied to me, agreed to remove the default since it is more than 6-years. thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by rparupalli View Post
            Hi@GoodOldBoy, i replied to HSBC using ICO Principle 4, which i acquired this knowledge in this forum, with in a day HSBC replied to me, agreed to remove the default since it is more than 6-years. thanks a lot.
            I do like a happy ending.

Comment

Hi need help again

Feb 5, 2021, 2:58 PM (2 days ago)
              Dear xxxxxxxx
              Case Refxxxxx
              Thanks for your email on 02nd February.
              I understand you are unhappy as the default on your Personal Loan is showing on your credit file beginning in 2016 and that you would like this to be backdated to 2014.
              Following my investigation, I can see that we issued a Default Notice on the 8th October 2014.
              Subsequently, we sent you a Final Demand letter on the 24th March 2016.
              Taking into account the time between the letters, we will now register the default from the 18 days after the Default Notice was sent to you.
              As this was in October 2014, six years have passed and the information would have dropped from your credit file.
              In view of this, I have arranged for this information to be removed. This will take up to 6 to 8 weeks to reflect on your credit file.
              I would like to offer you £50 by way of compensation. If you choose to accept this, please respond to this e-mail with the account details of where you would like it paid.
              I hope this resolves the issue for you.

on 7th sunday again another e-mail.
              Dearxxxxxxxx,

Case Refxxxxxxxx
              Thank you for getting in contact with us.
              I understand you raised concern with regards to when a default was registered on your Credit File.
              I see you have raised this concerns through another complaint and a final response was issued to you on 1 February 2020 (case reference: 1261835).
              The information provided to you within this response was correct. I note a follow up email was sent to you and I'm sorry however removing the default would not be possible as, your account was correctly defaulted.
              A default is registered when the balance has not been met following the expiry of a final demand notice not, a default notice.
              I'm sorry of you felt any inconvenience has been caused however should you remain unhappy with the outcome please, see below how you can escalate your concerns.

what should i do now???

thanks

Comment

I am old and my eyesight is knackered - sometimes I don't see emails and end up responding to the wrong one (which may be in my favour).

Comment

hi
                  can take them to small claim court?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X