• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No CCA and 4 defaults for same debt - what do I do now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CCA and 4 defaults for same debt - what do I do now?

Have just received letter from DCA confirming that no CCA exists so I won't be hearing from them again. Which is great news BUT there are 4 defaults on Experian for the same debt (credit card) and I have no idea who put them there - various DCAs and the original lender I guess. And once I find out how to get them removed, do they owe me some damages for having to take out higher rate mortgages etc etc?

You really need to send a CCA request to the original lender.

Also send an SAR to Experian with the £10 fee, this should give you the info of who placed the defaults there, you can then work on getting them removed which you will have to do by negotiation with the lender/DCA's becasue Experian won't remove them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
      You really need to send a CCA request to the original lender.

Also send an SAR to Experian with the £10 fee, this should give you the info of who placed the defaults there, you can then work on getting them removed which you will have to do by negotiation with the lender/DCA's becasue Experian won't remove them for you.
      Sorry to butt in, can you send a SAR to Experian and get all information regarding updating of ? defaults and dates of defaults.

I was defaulted by a company on 31/08/2006, never received a default notice Then this date was changed to May 2007 and when I looked today they had set it back to the original date of august, Thios is very peculiar as the default fee was taken out on the 28th Feb 2007. How bad are they at covering their illegal tracks

Comment

An SAR should produce all the information they hold about you on their systems, if it doesn't, and you are able to prove so, they have a lot of explaining to do.

They defend their 'clients' processing with a vengeance, but not at their own expense.

Comment

An SAR should produce all the information they hold about you on their systems, if it doesn't, and you are able to prove so, they have a lot of explaining to do.

They defend their 'clients' processing with a vengeance, but not at their own expense.
          Yes I see where you are coming from, they just live off the proceeds of the inflicted like us (well maybe not you). I am paying a monthy service to them, so I can keep an eye on what these shysters are up to and I think I have caught one company out. But its proving it

Thanks for your advice Ian

Comment

Yes me too

I got wise a while ago and now print off my credit report instead of just looking at it online, so I have a record but nothing dodgy up to now, sorry if that little gem is a little late......

Comment

Yes me too

I got wise a while ago and now print off my credit report instead of just looking at it online, so I have a record but nothing dodgy up to now, sorry if that little gem is a little late......
              Rather, but I know what they are up to because I am as devious as they are and they can't prove it either

Gtta be one step ahead in this game
              Thanks Ian, this poor thread has been well and truely hijacked. SORRY
              Last edited by hellhasnofury; 10th July 2007, 18:41:PM. Reason: dreadful typing

Comment

I can live with hijackers who give me useful information. I have learned so much from getting involved with other people's problems and now starting to sort my own that it is taking over my life.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Comment

Re: No CCA and 4 defaults for same debt - what do I do now?

I had a similar problem, you need to write to the CRA, and piont out the fact that these repeat notices are for the same loan etc.
                  tell the CRA you have notified the company concerned, all to no avail, tell the CRA they need to contact, the Registry trust.
                  The registry trust will revieve the info, adjust, and remove accordingly.
                  If the CRA give you a load of crap, tell them " as you are the recipiant of the information, and you have clearly pointed out to them the error, they are liable under the defemation act, for publishing incorrect information about, the subject(you), who has contested.
                  If all fails, you may have a case for Defemation, and due to the fact that you have, recieved (because of their negligance) financial harm, be eligable for compensation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X