• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gothia Limited and my Callcredit credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gothia Limited and my Callcredit credit file

Hi

During July 2009, I informed Gothia that my credit file was completely free of any outstanding County Court Judgments.

On the 13/08/2009, Gothia informed me, "Although your judgments are still outstanding they are no longer recorded against your credit file. This does not mean that the Judgments are not still active. As a Judgment is deemed to still be active until it is settled.

It transpired that Gothia was holding a Judgment dated 13/08/1993 which had never been re-started throughout the years.

On the 13/08/2009, I found that Gothia had accessed my Callcredit credit file, and their reason for leaving their footprint on my credit file was "following your breach of payment after 13/07/2009."

Gothia had accessed my credit file and duly noticed the freedom of any outstanding County Court Judgment.

Gothia blatantly refuse to identify the payment which I breached>

MC
    Tags: None

Re: Gothia Limited and my Callcredit credit file

A SAR should provide that information there is a template letter in useful etters It will cost you the statutory £10 fee .

Comment

Originally posted by MuchConcerned View Post
      It transpired that Gothia was holding a Judgment dated 13/08/1993 which had never been re-started throughout the years.
      When you say it's never been restarted, do you mean it was never enforced? CCJs drop off after 6 years and cannot be re-instated. Although CCJs don't go statute barred as such, if no enforcement action was taken in the first 6 years, the creditor cannot apply to the court to enforce it.

Originally posted by MuchConcerned View Post
      On the 13/08/2009, I found that Gothia had accessed my Callcredit credit file, and their reason for leaving their footprint on my credit file was "following your breach of payment after 13/07/2009."

Gothia had accessed my credit file and duly noticed the freedom of any outstanding County Court Judgment.

Gothia blatantly refuse to identify the payment which I breached
      Are you saying Gothia recorded a fresh default on your credit file in 2009? Were you paying your CCJ and stopped making payments at that time? In any case, no new default should be recorded, only one default per account. A CCJ from 1993 should have vanished in 1999!

Comment

Hi
        I mean exactly that! In fact, I have a credit file which stretches back to 2001. I told Gothia that my credit file was clear. They did not enter a Default: they left a Debt Search which appeared as bad.

I am dealing with them at the moment through the ICO.

MC

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X