• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No signed CCA - Clean credit file?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No signed CCA - Clean credit file?

Hello all

Wishful thinking?

If a DCA or OC fail to provide a signed agreement after a SAR request do they have to remove the default/account information from your credit file?

Barclaycard default £4000
    Account start date 28/12/06
    Default Date 16/09/10

This card was previously a Morgan Stanley card which transferred to Barclaycard.

The account was passed on to Lowell in March 2012 and I had a goodbye/hello letter then a few letters with the usual demands which I ignored. The last received was last summer offering me a heavy discount. I have heard nothing since and as of yet, Lowell have not marked my credit file or taken over the Barclaycard default.

Is it likely Barclaycard have a signed CCA after the transfer from Morgan Stanley? I'm thinking, If I made a SAR request to Barclaycard and they came back with no signed agreement, would they have to remove the default from my credit file?

Is it worth possibly opening a can of worms? Maybe I should just wait and see if I hear any more about it with a view to riding out the 6 year default removal window?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
    Tags: None

Re: No signed CCA - Clean credit file?

Think I'm starting to find my answer to this one the more time I spend on here! Guess I should wait until I hear anything more about it and take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by eiggy View Post
      Hello all

Wishful thinking?

If a DCA or OC fail to provide a signed agreement after a SAR request do they have to remove the default/account information from your credit file?
      If you want to get a copy of your agreement you'd send a CCA request rather than a SAR. A CCA request costs just £1 and they have 14 days to reply while a SAR costs £10 and they have 40 days. You'd send a SAR to get copies of statements, transactions, etc. to look at PPI, charges, etc. A SAR should be sent to the OC not the DCA who wouldn't have that information.

Sadly, after McGuffick where the judge ruled recording a default does not amount to enforcement, it will stay in place for 6 years even if the account is unenforceable.

Barclaycard default £4000
      Account start date 28/12/06
      Default Date 16/09/10

This card was previously a Morgan Stanley card which transferred to Barclaycard.

The account was passed on to Lowell in March 2012 and I had a goodbye/hello letter then a few letters with the usual demands which I ignored. The last received was last summer offering me a heavy discount. I have heard nothing since and as of yet, Lowell have not marked my credit file or taken over the Barclaycard default.

Is it likely Barclaycard have a signed CCA after the transfer from Morgan Stanley?
      Barcraps are notoriously bad at finding agreements, however, this is a fairly recent account so they could still have it, you'll never know till you request it! :grin:
      I'm thinking, If I made a SAR request to Barclaycard and they came back with no signed agreement, would they have to remove the default from my credit file?
      See above, you need to send a CCA request not a SAR, and it would be for the purpose of establishing whether the account can be enforced in court or not, not to remove the default.
      Is it worth possibly opening a can of worms? Maybe I should just wait and see if I hear any more about it with a view to riding out the 6 year default removal window?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
      If you haven't paid since 2010, you're almost half way through to Statute Barred, which is 6 years after your last payment or written acknowledgment (5 in Scotland). If Lowell are not hassling you, probably best to let sleeping dogs lie and hit them with a CCA request if they ever contact you, but do keep an eye out for them, they are very fond of Statutory Demands (SDs).

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        If you haven't paid since 2010, you're almost half way through to Statute Barred, which is 6 years after your last payment or written acknowledgment (5 in Scotland). If Lowell are not hassling you, probably best to let sleeping dogs lie and hit them with a CCA request if they ever contact you, but do keep an eye out for them, they are very fond of Statutory Demands (SDs).
        Thanks FlamingParrot

I've learnt a lot these past few days thanks you guys on here, thought of the day... BC took £100 from a saving account I had with Barclays back in 2011. Does this reset the SB clock?

Comment

Thanks FlamingParrot

I've learnt a lot these past few days thanks you guys on here, thought of the day... BC took £100 from a saving account I had with Barclays back in 2011. Does this reset the SB clock?
          No, the clock can only be reset if you, or someone acting by you, makes a payment, otherwise all creditors would pay themselves a small amount every year or so to keep the debt alive forever.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X