• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard 2nd default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard 2nd default

I have an old Barclaycard debt that was defaulted in 2002, I have my cra printout from 2006 with it on

I have recently had letters from their in house solicitors stating that I have not complied with the default issued by Barclaycard. I wrote saying I had not received any default also said all reduced payments were upto date ,I asked for payment history as I had received nothing in writing from them in 4 years and wanted a reason for the issueing of this default.

Nothing

I received my CRA file and found that Barclaycard had recorded another default on the same account so I wrote pointing this out and asking that they remove the incorrect information,

my reply stated that on checking with the cra and their own records that they could find no default deing recorded before 2010
    but they had issued a default in 2002 and it could be recorded any time.
    they also said that as my account was closed and charged off they did not have to send me any statements.
    my point is they had to record the 2002 default with the cra as it states this in the notice of termination that they sent me in 2002 when they closed my account
    so why should i have to send them proof of the 1st default and will they accept a photocopy of a cra file that i downloaded from the internet in 2006

sorry its so long
    missp
    Tags: None

Re: Barclaycard 2nd default

I think you will find, under the consumer credit act, it is illegal to sell a debt under dispupt, you may wish to do a cca requset to the company chasing the debt, but I think you will find a polite feck off may do the trick, because you may find that 2002, unless you have acknowledged the debt, or agreed a repayment plan the debt is statute barred under the limitations act.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X