• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Will you ever get a mortgage again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you ever get a mortgage again?

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2010/10/0...ortgage-again/

[Quote]:
    The problem is the 'credit scoring criteria'. This has already been toughened over the past six months, and the lenders have signaled that they are going to make them even tougher over the next three.

Credit scoring involves a series of questions from your lender, including whether or not you have ever fallen behind on credit card payments, whether you have a student loan outstanding, and the number of years you have lived in your current home.[Quote]

This matter was also discussed on the BBC Breakfast television show this morning

Re: Will you ever get a mortgage again?

It will definitely be harder in the future

Having said that , there wil eventually become a time when the sub prime lenders come back into the market.

They too will have criteria to be met , but they will look for large equity and high rates.

Comment

I would have been repossessed twice over, with my redundancy pattern, if I had ever gone down the mortgage route - it was a decision I made (the right one as it turned out) to never 'commit' in this way.

However I will inherit a house one day - and may that day remain in the distant future - but I must admit this has consoled me once or twice when financial panic has set in.
      Last edited by Zazen.Warrior; 2nd October 2010, 11:43:AM.
      Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

all I can say is Thank goodness when this house has been finalised (next few weeks) I will never have to have a mortgage ever again I am lucky enough to have enough equity to buy a new place outright as we are downsizing If we had not had this house on the market I am pretty sure that we would have been repoed by now
        sigpic

Comment

I can afford a caravan on the mortgage calculator, lol!!!
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I can afford a caravan on the mortgage calculator, lol!!!

And some of those need a mortgage judging by the price of them! LOL!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X