• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just spotted a CCJ on my credit file from 2020 - the process of getting it set aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi each and all - apologies for my delay I have been a bit of a headless chicken just recently - however I finally got through to Northampton court who have confirmed the following: the original creditor was " Very - Littlewoods catalogue, and the very well known debt purchasing company who bought the debt are the ones who got the CCJ issued against me in October 2020 - now all the court could give me was the name and a telephone number, so my question is do I call their solicitors RE: my request for them to agree to set aside the order or write them a letter?

Many thanks in advance
    Darren.

Comment

Write a letter, so there are no misunderstandings.

Comment

Hi each and all - after checking, their postal address it is a PO Box, not sure how this will work RE: Proof of postage for the Set aside letter
        ( It is a shame they were not as diligent when they issued a CCJ at an address I have never lived ) any advice?

Regards
        Darren

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenBoro View Post
          Hi each and all - after checking, their postal address it is a PO Box, not sure how this will work RE: Proof of postage for the Set aside letter
          ( It is a shame they were not as diligent when they issued a CCJ at an address I have never lived ) any advice?

Regards
          Darren
          Also email it to them.

Comment

Name the debt Company this site will find the address.

Comment

Brilliant - I have there Email address so will do them both together - also I am going to send an SAR ( If this can also be done via Email & Letter to a P.O Box - at the same time - on a final note ( until they get back to me ) do I mention anything about the debt? EG: I fully dispute the debt/s or do I just stick to asking them to set aside based on the court paperwork was sent to an address that I have never lived at, even though my current address has been in the public domain since 2019

Many thanks in advance
              Darren.

Comment

DOES THIS LOOK OK - OR IS IT TO HARSH?

Dear Sir or Madam

This letter is a formal request for your consent to set aside a county court judgement issued by Northampton County Court Business Centre on: October 2020 - REF: xxxxxxx

The information that you provided to the court - which resulted in a subsequent County Court judgement against me is incorrect.
                I have never lived at the address known as: xxxxxx, nor have I ever been registered at the address known as: xxxxxx nor is: xxxxxx a previous address of mine as the information registered on my credit file and of which would have been available to you clearly shows.

My credit file also shows that that from 2019 my registered address was: xxxxxx, yet all paperwork relating to the County Court Judgement was sent to an address where I have never lived, and because of your lack of due diligence I was denied the right to defend myself in relation to the allegations you put forth to the court in October 2020, which is clearly unacceptable

Yourst thankfully

Comment

DOES THIS LOOK OK - OR IS IT TO HARSH?

Dear Sir or Madam

This letter is a formal request for your consent to set aside a county court judgement issued by Northampton County Court Business Centre on: October 2020 - REF: xxxxxxx

The information that you provided to the court - which resulted in a subsequent County Court judgement against me is incorrect.
                  I have never lived at the address known as: xxxxxx, nor have I ever been registered at the address known as: xxxxxx nor is: xxxxxx a previous address of mine as the information registered on my credit file and of which would have been available to you clearly shows.

My credit file also shows that that from 2019 my registered address was: xxxxxx, yet all paperwork relating to the County Court Judgement was sent to an address where I have never lived, and because of your lack of due diligence I was denied the right to defend myself in relation to the allegations you put forth to the court in October 2020, which is clearly unacceptable

Yourst thankfully
                  Just a bit, you want them to co-operate.

Comment

HOW ABOUT THIS - ANY BETTER?

Dear Sir or Madam
                    This letter is a request for your consent to set aside a county court judgement issued by Northampton County Court Business Centre on: October 2020 - REF: XXXXXX

All information and paperwork that was provided to the court - which resulted in a County Court judgement against me was sent to an address I have not lived, have never lived, and have never been registered at - the address in question is:XXXXXX

My credit file shows clearly shows that from 2019 my registered address was:XXXXXXyet all paperwork relating to the County Court Judgement was sent to an address where I have never lived, and because of this I was both unaware and unable to defend the allegations put forth to the court in October 2020

Taking the above into account I would ask that you agree to set aside the order.

Comment

CORRECTION

Dear Sir or Madam
                      This letter is a request for your consent to set aside a county court judgement issued by Northampton County Court Business Centre on: October 2020 - REF: XXXXXX

All information and paperwork that was provided to the court - which resulted in a County Court judgement against me was sent to an address I do not live at, have never lived at, and have never been registered at - the address in question is:XXXXXX

My credit file shows clearly shows that from 2019 my registered address was:XXXXXX yet all paperwork relating to the County Court Judgement was sent to an address where I do not live, and because of this I was both unaware and unable to defend the allegations put forth to the court in October 2020

Taking the above into account I would ask that you agree to set aside the order.

Comment

CORRECTION

Dear Sir or Madam

All information and paperwork that was provided to the court - which resulted in a County Court judgement against me was sent to an address I do not live at, have never lived at, and have never been registered at - the address in question is:XXXXXX

My credit file shows clearly shows that from 2019 my registered address was:XXXXXX yet all paperwork relating to the County Court Judgement was sent to an address where I do not live, and because of this I was both unaware and unable to defend the allegations put forth to the court in October 2020

That's much better.

Comment

Well as I expected they have refused my request for them to set asside the CCJ - their reply is as follows:

"We note both your emails below for the above account.

Please note we will not be looking to set aside the Judgment at this stage, we have entered this correctly. As per the Civil Procedure Rules, we are able to enter Judgment at the last known address. Should you wish to apply through the Court, we will respond to any Court documents accordingly. You may wish to seek independent legal advice.

We note your Subject Access Request and have passed this onto the relevant department, they will be in contact in due course.

The above account is a former account with Shop Direct – Very. Due to non-payment, a warrant as now been issued against you on 8 December 2021 on the terms of £285.25 to be paid in full.

If you are unable to pay this in full and wish to set an arrangement on your account, please confirm your offer of payment, preferred method of payment and the date on which you will be making payments. Methods are listed below:"

So am I correct in assuming I now need to lodge the N224 form at Northampton County Court?

Many thanks in Advance
                          Darren

Comment

In essence, nothing has changed, you have to pay the full fee for the set a side. Make sure you fill in the correct form, N244.

Comment

Hi everyone - can one of you kind people go over my N224 to make sure it is correct before I send it off?

Regards
                              Darren

Comment

Hi everyone - can one of you kind people go over my N224 to make sure it is correct before I send it off?

Regards
                                Darren
                                Upload it redacting personal details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X