• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CIFAS please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIFAS please help

Long story alert!
    Back in 2010 I lost my job and struggled with my debts. I also moved house to Liverpool, for a period of 6 months, after which I moved back to my original address in Blackpool.

I told all of my creditors that I had returned to Blackpool and worked with all of them to repay all of my debts, and they were all very kind and understanding.

Fastforward to 2016 and I find out that I have a CCJ registered at the Liverpool address in Oct 2016 for a loan of approx.2k with santander that I honestly forgot about. I accepted this as deserved and I pay Hoist Portfolio monthly.

Recently things got worse. I applied at Arnold Clark for car finance and was accepted (apart from this one issue all of my credit is now good). However, in the process Hitachi Capital declined my application and filed a Cat 4 CIFAS marker against me because they have seen the CCJ registered at the incorrect address in 2016, so Hitachi think I have lied about my address history. Actually at the point of application, it was the salesman who keyed the app not me, and he asked me if I lived at my address more than 3 yrs, which I truthfully replied yes.

I have contacted Hoist and subsequently Santander. Santander have admitted full liability. They have admitted that I did update my address in 2011, they admitted passing wrong details to Hoist and they have said the CIFAS should be removed. Aparantly they held 2 profiles for me, and the profile with the loan was not updated at the same time as my main profile.

Hitachi have seen this letter from Santander and they still refuse to remove the cifas. I do understand why Hitachi are doing this, even though it seems very unfair to me. Both Hitachi and Hoist have also got copies of my bank statements etc going back to 2011 at my Blackpool address.

I don't know where to go from here. Hoist are practically uncontactable. They have missed the 8 week deadline and I have refered the case to the FOS.

I am considering applying to have the CCJ set aside, but I know that as it's already 3 years old, my chances are slim. But on the other hand Santander have admitted their fault in not updating the address and they have said that the ccj has been issued at the wrong address.

I'd really appreciate any advice.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X