• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ dropped off 1 year ago but account was never set to default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ dropped off 1 year ago but account was never set to default

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can please advise as to whether my logic is correct.

Essentially I took out a Northern rock together mortgage over 10 years ago just before the recession, this included an unsecured loan of £30k.
    Shortly after I was out of work for a year and built up mortgage arrears on both the secured element and unsecured element of the loan.

Despite 5 attempts of NRAM trying to repossess I managed to fight them off and eventually paid of the secured mortgage arrears however because I was prioritising the secured payments the unsecured loan arrears were not being paid and eventually NRAM applied for a CCJ.

However at the time they did not default the unsecured loan account so it is still showing on my credit file with just many late payments.

The CCJ dropped of my account about a year ago and during the 6 years prior NRAM didn't take and forceful action to recover the debt.

My understanding is that prior to making an application for a CCJ to the courts they should have set my unsecured account to default and hence it should have also dropped of my account when the CCJ did and the unsecured debt should In theory now be written off.

I did contact Experian and raised this issue, they replied stating that they contacted NRAM however NRAM stated they would not be making any amendments regarding this unsecured account on my credit file.

I would really appreciate any advise on this matter and if my logic is incorrect.

Many thanks in advance!!!
    Tags: None

I'd wonder how they managed to obtain a CCJ against you for the loan without having defaulted or terminated the account first?

Do you have copies of the court claim or judgment paperwork at all?

As a first step get a SAR sent off to NRAM asking for everything related to that account - Subject Access Request Letter

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X