• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Experian's response to SAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian's response to SAR

Hello I sent a SAR to experian to enable me to have a look at what has been going on with my credit report.

In 2002 my credit file was squeaky clean and everybody loved me and offered me money Of course in 2006 the poop hit the fan scenario happened and the rest is history.

I do know that there has been activity on this file, creditors changing, dca appearing, accounts disappearing within the last year or so.

Mbna searched the account countless times.

Now I do subscribe to experian on a monthy basis to enable me to keep me up to speed with this lot. But when you view your account, I only tells you your current status.
    Their response to my SAR was to send me my current file (the one you can get for £2).

Of course I sent a dpa non-compliance letter by e-mail twice 1 week apart. So after 70days they sent me this as their response.

Yes well according to Experian this is all the have to provide

Eventually received a response today regarding my 2 non compliance letters to them

Dear you

Thank you for your recent emails

I note your comments regarding your wait for your SAR and would advise that we provided all of this information in my letter of blah, blah

firstly I can confirm that there is noting within the data protection Act 1998 that pertains to the provision of data held over the last six years.. A Company is simply obliged to send all the information it holds about the requestor, regardless of how long they retain that data.

I will endeavour to answer your subsequent queries in the order in which they were asked.

1) We have provide you with all of the information that we hold about you, as required. I was unable to locate any credit reports from 2002, however if you can provide me with the reference number I will see if this report is still on our records.

2) We can only supply you with the information that we currently hold. We are only required to provide you with this information and coannot provide information which we no longer hold.

3) Previous searches are included in a sar if we have record of them. If these searches were made in the last 12 months, they will appear in your credit report. Any searches older that this which we have rocord of would have appeared in the 'archived Information' section of your sar that was sent to you on blah blah, however, we have no information relating to this.

So there you have it straight from the horse's mouth.

Wonder what the ico will have to say about this then

Comments appreciated

Re: Experian's response to SAR

They are correct about the 6 years If they had info going back 20 years they would be required to supply it. This is contrary to what the banks argue & the CRA's used to. Seems they have changed their tune....... at last.

Also if they archive after 1 year they are still required to provide said data

Comment

Re: Experian's response to SAR

Originally posted by righty View Post
      They are correct about the 6 years If they had info going back 20 years they would be required to supply it. This is contrary to what the banks argue & the CRA's used to. Seems they have changed their tune....... at last.

Also if they archive after 1 year they are still required to provide said data
      Hello Righty,

Thanks for the post, Yes It appears to me that they can swap what they state as suits them.

My arguement is that they store our data for a period of six years on the cra files, but when you ask them for all data over the last six years, they say either they don't have to, or more probably they won't.

If you SAR your bank regarding your bank account, by law they must provide a record off all transaction to that account, so why do the cra think they can provide only what is happening now

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X