• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and UNENFORCEABILITY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI and UNENFORCEABILITY

Hi All

I have a very old Liverpool Victoria Credit Card agreement which included PPI on the application form. It was included, no questions asked and no separate terms stated on the form,

Does this mean the Agreement is unenforceable? (Missold/multiple agreement/prescribed terms etc)

I'm not interested in reclaiming anything back, I'm just trying to find out if the inclusion of PPI with no separate terms means it was Improperly Executed?

Can anyone help please? I could post up a copy if needed?

Cheers anyone
    Tags: None

Re: PPI and UNENFORCEABILITY

I can't see that the inclusion of PPI on the application would make the CC agreement unenforceable, regardless of whether the PPI was mis-sold or not. Insurance isn't covered by the Consumer Credit Act even where the credit it is attached to is.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

My thinking is that inclusion of the prescribed terms is necessary for the agreement to be considered properly executed. However, with PPI included, is that not to be regarded as a separate agreement (making the document a multiple agreement) and if so, then there are no T&Cs (or prescribed terms) for that particular agreement? Which would then render the whole thing an IEA?

Comment

I assume that the CC application simply included a tick box or similar to indicate you wanted PPI? The credit agreement is distinct from the PPI which would have had its own terms ie the policy itself.

Comment

Actually it's worse than that. The PPI is simply included with no option to agree or disagree to it's inclusion.
          That's what's made me question it

Would a copy help?

Comment

Yes ok, redact any personal information.

Comment

Errr, how do I attach a file please?

Comment

Ahaa, sokay, gotit

Sorry, I forgot to add, there's a whole bunch of T&Cs attached (apparently they were on the reverse) but no mention whatsoever of PPI
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks I'll ask [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] to take a look.

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ighlight=yates

I would note that a loan is different to a credit card.

M1

Comment

Great, thanks for your interest EXC

Thanks as well mystery1 but I "..do not have sufficient priviledges.." to access that link ?

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/wp-content/...Manchester.pdf

M1

Comment

Originally posted by theturningworm View Post
                          Great, thanks for your interest EXC

Thanks as well mystery1 but I "..do not have sufficient priviledges.." to access that link ?
                          I think you need to have made 3 posts which you have now.

Comment

There's quite a big bit for the CARD PROTECTION PLAN on that application ? Were you paying a separate PPI Policy to that ? Did it show on your statements as a monthly amount ?( and if so what did it show as and what amoutn was it - % of the balance usually )

( Thouris/MBNA [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] ? (I'm a little out of date) )
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahh I see. This bit bottom 2nd column.

Attached Files
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X