• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hire purchase loan and ill health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hire purchase loan and ill health

hi...we have purchased a caravan with a bank loan from a caravan park
    the bank has paid the caravan park for the caravan
    we now owe the bank
    I have just been diagnosed with a chronic illness
    I don't think the park will buy it off us to pay the bank
    I can not work now due to my illness and my husband is struggling to pay the loan back to the bank

can we get out of the contract?
    Tags: None

Re: hire purchase loan and ill health

Hi debsydo,

is this loan Hire Purchase? If YES, when did it start, how long was it for and how many payments have been made?

Do you live in this caravan or is it just for holidays?

Comment

hi,,,yes it is.
      it was taken out last nov..
      so made 10 payments up to now..
      we basically live in it but because of my illness its too small for my needs..
      we need to get a house but cant afford both..ty for reply

- - - Updated - - -

****it was over 12 years

Comment

OK, I am sorry to hear that this is your home and it is on HP.

I think you need to go to your local Citizens Advice because they will be able to advise you both on your benefit situation - there may be additional benefits that you can claim - and on your options for housing. Depending on your health situation, it is possible the local council might be able to assist you,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X