• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP LLP default wrong account started date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKDP LLP default wrong account started date

Hi All,

In late 2011, a HSBC student account overdraft had defaulted (was about £15 over its limit for a few months)

I disputed this with HSBC, Metropolitan and DG Solicitors to ask why they did not send me a default notice, and to provide the credit agreement.

They did neither. I paid £250 to the account which reduced it to approx £1250.

They eventually sold it to MKDP LLP who were very aggressive and constantly phoning writing legal letters etc,

I kept asking them to prove the default was sent, and they did not. instead they only sent me bank statements for the past month of the account and said that was 'proof'.

I paid them all off in one go, as the thought of a CCJ was a nightmare.

After writing to them nicely saying as they haven't shown me a default notice, or CCA they need to remove the default which is causing financial chaos (cannot get mortgage) they just reply with a standard letter saying all data is factual and they have done nothing wrong, and the CCA does not repply to overdrafts.

Now, i checked my credit report with noddle and experian the other day, they have the account start date as October 1999.

This would have made me just 15 years old. This cannot be right?

Can I use this against MKDP to help me with the default removal? If not, what else can I do to help remove this from my reports?
    Tags: None

Re: MKDP LLP default wrong account started date

Originally posted by southstaffs30 View Post
    Hi All,

In late 2011, a HSBC student account overdraft had defaulted (was about £15 over its limit for a few months)

I disputed this with HSBC, Metropolitan and DG Solicitors to ask why they did not send me a default notice, and to provide the credit agreement.

They did neither. I paid £250 to the account which reduced it to approx £1250.

They eventually sold it to MKDP LLP who were very aggressive and constantly phoning writing legal letters etc,

I kept asking them to prove the default was sent, and they did not. instead they only sent me bank statements for the past month of the account and said that was 'proof'.

I paid them all off in one go, as the thought of a CCJ was a nightmare.

After writing to them nicely saying as they haven't shown me a default notice, or CCA they need to remove the default which is causing financial chaos (cannot get mortgage) they just reply with a standard letter saying all data is factual and they have done nothing wrong, and the CCA does not repply to overdrafts.

Now, i checked my credit report with noddle and experian the other day, they have the account start date as October 1999.

This would have made me just 15 years old. This cannot be right?

Can I use this against MKDP to help me with the default removal? If not, what else can I do to help remove this from my reports?
    Hi welcome to LB.

Unfortunately paying the account off has done you no favours 1. It is an admission of liability 2. The Account Remains on CRA files for the balance of the 6 year period from the date of the default. This is correct procedure, the Information Commissioners Office which oversees the regulations of credit reporting to the agencies says that the credit file must show the accurate and up to date conduct of an account.
    A CCA certainly does not apply to ODs.

When did you payoff the account?
    What is the default date on credit files?

Thes start date is not I think going to make an awful lot of difference now the debt no longer exists.

I suggest a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1980, to HSBC for all the personal data it holds on you, this may include Demand for Immediate Payment In Full and or Final Demand for Payment., these are issued on overdrafts not default notices as you would get on a credit card.

There is a £10 statutory fee to pay for the SAR and HSBC has 40 days to comply.

Also you should be aware that removal of the default will not guarantee acceptance of a mortgage application, the new questionnaire 's used these days are intrusive into all aspects of credit history.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X