• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Modifying agreements and required prescribed terms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying agreements and required prescribed terms

I am trying to find out about Modifying agreements, realistically struggling at this moment in time.

Background to this, is I have a modifying agreement which im trying to confirm which terms should be present or not.

The agreement would be pre 2007, and does not include 1 major prescribed term for a normal agreement.

so the agreement has been modified under section 82 (1). and is regulated. so section 82 (2) b should then apply?

What I need to confirm is that 82 (3) does not apply ,which is where im struggling to understand as follows

82 (3) If the earlier agreement is a regulated agreement but(apart from this subsection) the modifying agreement is not then, unless the modifying agreement is for running account credit, it shall be treated as a regulated agreement.

If this does apply then it removes the section 61/127 (3) as prescribed terms and in effect the creditor can change an agreement with out the worry of breaching this area?

If this is the case then does this not create an unfair terms area?

Feel like im going mad trying to get to grips with this, any body have any ideas please
    Last edited by stigger74; 12th April 2015, 20:02:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Modifying agreements and required prescribed terms

Not anybody with this one, Modifying agreements must be about, and someone must have some knowledge about them ?

Comment

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html

M1

Comment

Thank you just what I needed to strengthen the skeleton arguments some more .

At the moment I have an agreement which changed 2 areas of the original agreement with in a modifying agreement. There is no ref to credit limit or how worked out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X