• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest from M&S Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest from M&S Bank

Received the following letter from them yesterday:

"Dear Mr $quandaŁot

Credit Card Account Number xxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 7 June addressed to Credit Security Limited, Your letter has been forwarded to me in the Information Support Team to reply to because it is regarding the agreement for the above M&S Credit Card Account.

I note that this letter contains the same information as previous correspondence received from you.

I consider that we have answered your query in full and I have nothing further to add. This is our final response and I trust that it clarifies M&S Bank's position on the matter.

As we've provided you with the requested documents, our normal collections procedure will continue.

We believe that your agreement is legally enforceable, and therefore refute your allegations.

I trust that I've answered your letter satisfactory, if you've any queries or concerns, you can write to us at; Information Support Team, M&S Bank, Kings Meadow, Chester, CH99 9FB.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Weir
    Information Support Adviser"

The letter I sent to Credit Security:

"Dear Sir / Madam

Your reference: xxxx / xxxx
    My reference: Mayhew 3

Thank you for your letter dated 21 May 2014.

I refer you to my previous letter dated 29 March 2014 which clearly states my position. Your client has been notified that – short of a court claim – I now consider this matter closed.

Furthermore, your client has confirmed in writing that no consumer credit agreement exists for the alleged mastercard account. This correspondence will be shown to the judge in case of a court claim.

As the alleged agreement has been fully examined by a leading consumer rights solicitor and deemed unenforceable, I will treat it as such unless otherwise decided by the court.

Any court claim by you, your client or a third party will be vigorously defended.

This is my final response and I can confirm that I will not be entering into further correspondence with you.

Yours faithfully

Mr $quandaŁot"

Now, if M&S Bank really believe that the 'agreement' is enforceable why haven't they served the court papers? This has been going on for two years now.

I feel like writing to them, asking them to serve the court papers or give up, or else I would report them to the FCA as I don't feel that they are fit to hold a consumer credit license!

Any thoughts?
    Tags: None

Re: Latest from M&S Bank

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/882.html

Para 37 in particular.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Thank you Mystery 1.

Sounds good as this would practically give M&S Bank (HSBC) two options:

1) To serve court papers (which I think they won't as surely they are aware of the Santander vs. Mayhew case); or

2) Give up

My guess is they will sell the alleged debt at some point to likes of Leeds Losers, Arrow or Marlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
        Thank you Mystery 1.

Sounds good as this would practically give M&S Bank (HSBC) two options:

1) To serve court papers (which I think they won't as surely they are aware of the Santander vs. Mayhew case); or

2) Give up

My guess is they will sell the alleged debt at some point to likes of Leeds Losers, Arrow or Marlin.
        My money is on Option 3 :grin: :grin: :grin:

Then the Merry-go-round will start again… Although it could just go the way of my own cards… deathly quiet for years ray: :tape2: :tape:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X